DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I can't view .mov files. Help!

Ntexguy

Reactions
I am relatively new to flying my Mavic Air 2 and am confused by the videos I take. When the files are uploaded to my computer, some are in
MP4 format (which is the setting I chose in setup) but some are in a .mov format which I can not view. Is that enough info for someone to respond
or if prompted, Ill try to be more specific.
Any suggestions would be sincerely appreciated.
Mike
Wichita Falls, TX

I am relatively new to flying my Mavic Air 2 and am confused by the videos I take. When the files are uploaded to my computer, some are in
MP4 format (which is the setting I chose in setup) but some are in a .mov format which I can not view. Is that enough info for someone to respond
or if prompted, Ill try to be more specific.
Any suggestions would be sincerely appreciated.
Mike
Wichita Falls, TX
Generally once you select the format, it should remain in that format unless you updated the FW or forgot that there may have been some left over original files in the .mov format which is the apple standard. If you want to view the .mov files, you can download Quicktime video player or VLC.
I would suggest that you format the SD card in the aircraft and be sure to recheck your settings again to be sure that your in the MP4 format.

MOV is an IOS (MAC and Apple devices) video format.
You have probably used an IOS phone or iPad and have downloaded the videos from the device and not the SD card.
Just a guess.

VLC will play MOV files.
VideoLan

2 things.
Thing 1: Download the VLC player as it plays just about every format.
Thing 2: Most likely, your video editor can import and edit the .MOV file. If you're not editing videos, see Thing 1.

Reactions: retiredNH
MOV is an IOS (MAC and Apple devices) video format.
You have probably used an IOS phone or iPad and have downloaded the videos from the device and not the SD card.
Just a guess.

VLC will play MOV files.
VideoLan
Mov is a QuickTime container. Not restricted to OSX and can contain the exact same codec such as h264/h265 as MP4 container.

May need to actually just need to download a codec pack such as klite codec pack for windows just to get the viewing compatibility across all apps.

Reactions: MavicAir2Marc
As much as I love VLC, it has become a tad slower over time and it's probably because of all the additions they've made to it. Potplayer is very good too but I've found MPC-HC is less bloated and actually plays smoother than VLC and will play pretty well any format. You can try it here.

As much as I love VLC, it has become a tad slower over time and it's probably because of all the additions they've made to it. Potplayer is very good too but I've found MPC-HC is less bloated and actually plays smoother than VLC and will play pretty well any format. You can try it here.
That's included with the klite codec pack if someone wants a one and done approach.

Reactions: mobilehomer
OK My fault for introducing VLC, but can anyone answer Mike's (of Wichita Falls, TX) question, as to why he sees mov files.
I do not have a Mavic Air 2 so cannot replicate anything Mike might have done.

Mike; yes be more specific. Uploaded from what (Drone, SD Card?) to what (MAC, PC?).

On the SD card there should be a folder structure.
Possibly a DCIM folder which contains a 100MEDIA folder.
The files you want are in the 100MEDIA folder (unless the Mavic Air 2 is different from the Mavic 2 Pro).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242