DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I CRASHED DRONE IN OCEAN

Tomoleary30

Reactions
Hey guys, the propella stopped and the drone fell into the ocean. Only for about 5 seconds until a surfer pulled it out. What do I do.

turn off. quickly rinse with demineralised water to wash the salt out. let it dry for a few days. do not attempt to turn it on until it's fully dried.

Reactions: jedburgh01
turn off. quickly rinse with demineralised water to wash the salt out. let it dry for a few days. do not attempt to turn it on until it's fully dried.
Okay already tried turning it on but I won’t anymore. In rice?????? Or nothing

You have posted this in PhantomPilots also ,what type drone was it ?

Reactions: Former Member
Okay already tried turning it on but I won’t anymore. In rice?????? Or nothing

If you already tried to turn it on (and it did not) it's likely too late now. if you have DJI care, get the drone replaced. If you don't have DJI car (or another insurance). you can try to dry it. put it in a box with some silica pads for a few days. But even in the remote change it will still work, I would never trust a drone that has been in (salt) watter.

PS: post the log if you want to know what happened. a propeller does not "just stop".

Reactions: deguz98
you can put in rice. but since you've tried to turn it on, chances are, it's too late. salt being conductive, with electricity, you might have fried something inside.
just wait a few days. you can try to put a fresh battery, not the one that went in the ocean with the drone, and see if it turns on.

Reactions: Aerial West
I had great success with distilled water and rice after getting my mavic wet. Gave it 2 days in rice then spent 2 hours trying to rattle and shake out some small kernels that got into the body somewhere [emoji38] but mine wasn’t fully submerged.

Since that episode I’ve actually lost my drone in the ocean but never was able to retrieve it. I kept getting propellor errors and it just descended into the ocean. Anyone know how to get S/N numbers off the remote? My DJIGO app just says Flight Controller Serial Number N/A...

Have you tried with the RC connected to the phone, then look in settings for the SN?

Have you tried with the RC connected to the phone, then look in settings for the SN?

I’ve tried that. Unfortunately, no luck. Does anyone know about the DJI Assistant software? Does it show S/N?

Tell us how this happened

How the accident happened? The drone was about 30 meters up taking photos of the shore when I got the alert, “motor current error, check your propellors and fly with caution.” I got this error twice within a minute then the drone spun violently and headed south while it descended. It acted as if it was trying to constantly overcompensate. It descended for about 10 or 15 seconds before it hit the water.

I’ve just heard back from DJI and they were able to retrieve my S/N from my dji account. I was at a loss how to get my S/N when they asked for it, but they’ve been able to get it themselves, so I’ll just wait for their analysis.

Is this “motor current error" issue a common problem? Makes me afraid to be over any kind of water now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU