DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I Did It...

Barbara

Premium Pilot
Reactions
So I did it, the idiot thing today.

Beautiful day today, sunshine, calm winds, temperature about 10 C. Still lots of snow on the ground, though it's melting, so the streams are running high. Perfect day to go flying and get some videos of some fast water.

Charge up all the batteries, pack the drone and everything I'll need, away we go. Half hour drive and then hike up the stream to the rapids.

Absolutely gorgeous. It's been a while since I've flown, and there are lots of trees, not much open area, so take it up high, get a few high clips and scout the river out for some low shots over the water. Batteries getting low, bring it down, land and shut down for a fresh battery.

Where are my extra batteries?? OH NO!! I did the idiot thing.......

There are things that hurt in learning then there are things that are annoying sounds like you had the latter lol. Nice looking stream though.

Pro tip, most annoying thing in the world is forgetting the big memory card cause its in your usb to take pics off it in your computer at home.

Reactions: Bobvt and Barbara
So I did it, the idiot thing today.

Beautiful day today, sunshine, calm winds, temperature about 10 C. Still lots of snow on the ground, though it's melting, so the streams are running high. Perfect day to go flying and get some videos of some fast water.

Charge up all the batteries, pack the drone and everything I'll need, away we go. Half hour drive and then hike up the stream to the rapids.

Absolutely gorgeous. It's been a while since I've flown, and there are lots of trees, not much open area, so take it up high, get a few high clips and scout the river out for some low shots over the water. Batteries getting low, bring it down, land and shut down for a fresh battery.

Where are my extra batteries?? OH NO!! I did the idiot thing.......

I did a similar stupid thing. I left the RC at home.........

Reactions: Barbara
your not ALONE you were caught up in the excitement of the moment, i am sure most of us have forgotten that essential piece of equipment, only to find out when we are miles from home ,and i am no stranger to that scenario myself

Reactions: Bobvt and Barbara
That's why the combo is so good. Everything except the phone in one small bag. And we never forget our phone, do we!

Glad to hear I'm not the only one.

Thought I was being smart. Put all my extra batteries in the "battery bag" overnight, just to be safe you know.

Used to use a checklist back when I got my Spark. Included pre-departure checks like "Did you pack your batteries?" and such. But I got too smart to continue using it...oops.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada