DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I Didn't Know That ..... Using D-Log with a LUT

grizzard

Reactions
That is, I didn't know that you need to change D-Log's Style settings to -1 -3 -3 if you want to match the free LUT from GroundControlColor. I guess I am just a speed reader, or the more obvious answer, just careless. I am editing in the free Davinci Resolve. Anyway, before I knew the settings with my first attempt, the results were saturated off the map, but after I entered the correct settings ... just a little saturated which was easy to bring down. So I did 3 clips that I thought might be close for my own comparisons.

1. D-Log with -1 -3 -3
2. Landscape +1 +1 0 and I'm liking Landscape more all the time.
3. D-Cinelike +1 -1 0 I made an attempt to punch out some of the noise in low light but I made a mess of it, which you will see. I wiped the Noise off the siding but added it too the dim sky.

Anyway .... all in learning.

Reactions: FatherXmas
That is, I didn't know that you need to change D-Log's Style settings to -1 -3 -3 if you want to match the free LUT from GroundControlColor. I guess I am just a speed reader, or the more obvious answer, just careless. I am editing in the free Davinci Resolve. Anyway, before I knew the settings with my first attempt, the results were saturated off the map, but after I entered the correct settings ... just a little saturated which was easy to bring down. So I did 3 clips that I thought might be close for my own comparisons.

1. D-Log with -1 -3 -3
2. Landscape +1 +1 0 and I'm liking Landscape more all the time.
3. D-Cinelike +1 -1 0 I made an attempt to punch out some of the noise in low light but I made a mess of it, which you will see. I wiped the Noise off the siding but added it too the dim sky.

Anyway .... all in learning.

I love your little landing pad there. Thumbs up. :)

Reactions: grizzard
I take mostly real estate construction inspections, roof inspections, etc. Better color would be good but I don't want to lose detail. I currently use Adobe Premier Elements 15. Are LUT's mainly for artistic videos? I'm considering Ground Control Color Heron, but don't want something that blurs detail and takes forever to adjust. Any suggestions?

If you pay attention to WB and the position of the sun you could probably use D-Cinelike with the settings above and have great pics without all the Post hassle.

I take mostly real estate construction inspections, roof inspections, etc. Better color would be good but I don't want to lose detail. I currently use Adobe Premier Elements 15. Are LUT's mainly for artistic videos? I'm considering Ground Control Color Heron, but don't want something that blurs detail and takes forever to adjust. Any suggestions?

There are two types of LUTs. Luts for 'color correcting' which basically takes your footage and creates a good standard 'look'. And ones for 'color grading' which creates a 'style' for the video of 'color corrected' footage - sometimes both 'correction' and 'grading are combined in one LUT. Premiere Pro has the ability to add two separate LUTs under lumetri. Premiere Elements doesnt use LUTs at all from what I remember.

In any case for real estate you are going for a standard realistic look (rather than making the real estate look like it was in a western or horror film.) I suggest you use something like Cinelike +1, -1, 0. The -1 contrast will mean you will probably have to add back some contrast in Elements but will increase the amount of dynamic range relative to shooting with added contrast.

Reactions: grizzard
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madkiwi