DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I Finally Did It!!!

Amckim2084

Reactions
In my last video where I tried to edit transitions, it didn't go very well. I ended up deleting it because I really wanted to make a good transition video. I went back out with my Mavic 2 Pro and using footage from the other day and the new footage I got today, I was able to piece together a good transition video. I teleport myself 2 miles from one place to another. Don't mind the boats jumping locations too. I'm not skilled enough to remove them lol. Hope you enjoy!!!

Last edited:
It's magic! o_O Thumbswayup
lol yea. At first I didn't want to use any effects but I had to use the flash because of minor differences in the two clips. But now that I look at it, I think it adds to the dramatic effect of the music.

Reactions: Tufargon
lol yea. At first I didn't want to use any effects but I had to use the flash because of minor differences in the two clips. But now that I look at it, I think it adds to the dramatic effect of the music.
That part was almost spot on. If it weren't for the boats going backwards you nailed it. Extremely creative. I loved it.

That part was almost spot on. If it weren't for the boats going backwards you nailed it. Extremely creative. I loved it.
The one major difference was that each clip was a day apart so the colors were a little different. I don't know how to color grade or remove objects. Funny thing is, I have After Effects but to do anything on it, I would need at least a week or two of tutorials and a ton of mess ups before getting it done lol.

In my last video where I tried to edit transitions, it didn't go very well. I ended up deleting it because I really wanted to make a good transition video. I went back out with my Mavic 2 Pro and using footage from the other day and the new footage I got today, I was able to piece together a good transition video. I teleport myself 2 miles from one place to another. Don't mind the boats jumping locations too. I'm not skilled enough to remove them lol. Hope you enjoy!!!

Looks great. Keep it up. editing takes lots of work. I have been doing it for over a year now and still lots to learn.

Reactions: Amckim2084
Looks great. Keep it up. editing takes lots of work. I have been doing it for over a year now and still lots to learn.
Thanks a lot. It was pretty hard trying to piece it together just right. Took at least 4 hours just adjusting speed to music, finding the best shots that actually lined up, just the whole thing lol.

Quick question. How did you get it to basically the same exact point?
I'm honestly surprised that I actually pulled it off the first time. So anyway, the second part of the video where I was on the bench was filmed first. I backed out of the trees and using the map, I positioned the drone straight above The Point, (that piece of land sticking out into the lake). That part of the video was later reversed while editing. Later when I went to the other location, I flew wide so that I could turn and come back at The Point in the same spot and orientation. That was the hard part which is why I stopped just before the point, watched the map carefully and slowly inched it forward in the right spot. Lucky for me, I was able to perfectly time the music and video speed at that spot.

Wow I thought you were going to say a lat lon and height point or a waypoint. Very well done sir.

Wow I thought you were going to say a lat lon and height point or a waypoint. Very well done sir.
Thanks. I forgot to mention that on the way out to the lake, I positioned the camera down to the right angle based on the horizon in the other video. The altitude took some math because both locations were different heights above sea level so the altitude in one clip was different than the other clip but still the same altitude above the point. Alot of thought and planning went into this lol.

If you are looking for some critique of the film here it is; (1) color balance- too much blue (cyan). Warm it up a bit with the slider to the right. (2) too much yaw-ing- I got a headache-leave these on the cutting room floor. (2) too much swiveling around- reminds me of the head of the exorcist girl swiveling around. These can be easily edited out (4) finally- the music is overly dramatic for this tranquil scenery.

A lot of thought and planning went into this lol.
That's quite clever. The two scenes lined up very well.

If you are looking for some critique [...] too much swivelling around- [...] These can be easily edited out.

If he was aiming for cinematic quality, then yes the swivelling is distracting. But the story wouldn't work at all then, as the whole point was to make it look like one continuous shot with the pilot magically transported from the takeoff location to the far away landing location.

That was a lot of fun - thanks for sharing. The dramatic music made the video more fun to watch. I liked your transition too, different, but effective. I did not see a lot of difference in the color grading after the transition, it seemed pretty normal except for the boats.

If you are looking for some critique of the film here it is; (1) color balance- too much blue (cyan). Warm it up a bit with the slider to the right. (2) too much yaw-ing- I got a headache-leave these on the cutting room floor. (2) too much swiveling around- reminds me of the head of the exorcist girl swiveling around. These can be easily edited out (4) finally- the music is overly dramatic for this tranquil scenery.
There are some obvious mistakes and not being a pro pilot or a skilled editor sucks but I will say though that I’m happy with it. I couldn’t have done it back when I started flying Phantom 2. I have After Effects but just don’t have time to really dive in and learn color grading or removing objects. As far as yawing, I could spend all day getting the perfect 180 turn but it always jitters after editing. The yawing is actually untouched and at normal speed but the editor always screws it when I save. Original footage is still smooth. But in the end, I’m still happy.

That was a lot of fun - thanks for sharing. The dramatic music made the video more fun to watch. I liked your transition too, different, but effective. I did not see a lot of difference in the color grading after the transition, it seemed pretty normal except for the boats.
I did add some preset color profiles to the two clips to make it a little more similar. One of the days was a little more cloudy. The flash transition was to just cover the obvious jump cut and to try to distract from the appearing boat lol. Wish people would stay home and not have any fun whenever I go out flying haha.

Reactions: fguthrie
I'm honestly surprised that I actually pulled it off the first time. So anyway, the second part of the video where I was on the bench was filmed first. I backed out of the trees and using the map, I positioned the drone straight above The Point, (that piece of land sticking out into the lake). That part of the video was later reversed while editing. Later when I went to the other location, I flew wide so that I could turn and come back at The Point in the same spot and orientation. That was the hard part which is why I stopped just before the point, watched the map carefully and slowly inched it forward in the right spot. Lucky for me, I was able to perfectly time the music and video speed at that spot.
****, I have so much to learn!!

****, I have so much to learn!!
lol the whole way out I was thinking, gotta hit that spot, gotta hit that spot, don’t screw it up trying to hit that spot. ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jarrodwp1