DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini I fly over hills and lakes with the DJI Mini 2 ...

The above comments are valid opinion. (but opinion, none the less)
Most of us make videos and post them on YouTube, because we want people to watch them. Hopefully they'll watch the WHOLE video, right? Suppose you save the best for last but no one watches the end of your video because its too long and they lose interest? They won't see the "best" parts because they've already clicked away...

After you get some views, YouTube analytics (see image) will tell you how long (how many seconds/minutes) people are watching your video(s). This answers the question, "Are people watching the whole video or just the first part?" and "What's the average length of time viewers are watching my video?" If you see people are leaving after 2 minutes (or 3, or whatever) that gives you a a clue as to how long your videos should be - if you care what others think.

That is, if you're making videos for your viewers.

If you just make videos because you like them and don't care what other people think, you can make your videos as long as you want.

Editing 20 minutes of drone video to down to (let's say) 2 minutes is challenging, but think of it as a "highlights" video. The "best of" my flight over hills and lakes. We all face this challenge every time we create a video for others to see. Happy flying.

Attachments

• youtube_analytics.jpg
    youtube_analytics.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 4
For this flight, 1:30 or so tops.

Make your clips/scenes of each interesting view no more than 3-4 seconds each, you will keep peoples attention way better. In video less is better.... better to keep them wanting more than bored of too much.

The above comments are valid opinion. (but opinion, none the less)
Most of us make videos and post them on YouTube, because we want people to watch them. Hopefully they'll watch the WHOLE video, right? Suppose you save the best for last but no one watches the end of your video because its too long and they lose interest? They won't see the "best" parts because they've already clicked away...

After you get some views, YouTube analytics (see image) will tell you how long (how many seconds/minutes) people are watching your video(s). This answers the question, "Are people watching the whole video or just the first part?" and "What's the average length of time viewers are watching my video?" If you see people are leaving after 2 minutes (or 3, or whatever) that gives you a a clue as to how long your videos should be - if you care what others think.

That is, if you're making videos for your viewers.

If you just make videos because you like them and don't care what other people think, you can make your videos as long as you want.

Editing 20 minutes of drone video to down to (let's say) 2 minutes is challenging, but think of it as a "highlights" video. The "best of" my flight over hills and lakes. We all face this challenge every time we create a video for others to see. Happy flying.
Thanks for the tips, I definitely have to improve my editing ...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake