DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I get lots of noise while shooting videos with ND filters, help

zoomzx6r

Reactions
Hi, I m a noob I got ND filters for sunny days but noticed my video quality is low with them, ND16, 2.7K at 30fps, no filter the video is nicer what am I I doing wrong? I also pick the right exposure in the settings, like sunny, cloudy etc. still my video turn out grainy etc not crisp. Mavic 2 Zoom. help

Hi, I m a noob I got ND filters for sunny days but noticed my video quality is low with them, ND16, 2.7K at 30fps, no filter the video is nicer what am I I doing wrong? I also pick the right exposure in the settings, like sunny, cloudy etc. still my video turn out grainy etc not crisp. Mavic 2 Zoom. help

It sounds like the ND filter is too dark and so the camera is cranking up the ISO to compensate.

Perhaps go for a lighter ND filter, or even a graduated ND filter if it’s a blown out sky your trying to control the exposure on.

Adjusting the white balance will have no impact on the exposure.

What ISO are your shooting at?

Try the solar pro app. Turn it on it will check conditions a recommend the appropriate filter. Works great!

Hi, I m a noob I got ND filters for sunny days but noticed my video quality is low with them, ND16, 2.7K at 30fps, no filter the video is nicer what am I I doing wrong?
The most likely answer is that you are shooting at higher ISO values.Higher ISO = noise.
I also pick the right exposure in the settings, like sunny, cloudy etc.
That's not affecting exposure.
It's your white balance setting.
White balance is adjusting the camera for shooting with light sources of different colour values.

Sounds like you need to learn some basic photographic principles.
There's no shortage of online help.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost