DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I give up

Akademik

Reactions
I was one of the new and excited drone enthusiasts back in March when I got the MA1 not realizing the much improved MA2 was only a few weeks away. I assumed the flight time was average and the poor screen viewing came along with the hobby which is why everyone had shades.
Fast forward how could you not get a MA2 with the battery time and features if you only had an MA1? Then with a promise of 2 weeks for the SC compatibilty? Got to get one because not losing my phone while I fly and seeing the screen was a major upgrade.But now I have a controller that works with one drone that doesn't even work yet and no date in sight for when it will. A shade is a cheaper fix for now. I'm returning my SC....I give up waiting for DJI. We only have 4 good summer months in the Cleveland area......unless they announce the Mavic 3 will be compatible, then......

Reactions: Damion
I was one of the new and excited drone enthusiasts back in March when I got the MA1 not realizing the much improved MA2 was only a few weeks away. I assumed the flight time was average and the poor screen viewing came along with the hobby which is why everyone had shades.
Fast forward how could you not get a MA2 with the battery time and features if you only had an MA1? Then with a promise of 2 weeks for the SC compatibilty? Got to get one because not losing my phone while I fly and seeing the screen was a major upgrade.But now I have a controller that works with one drone that doesn't even work yet and no date in sight for when it will. A shade is a cheaper fix for now. I'm returning my SC....I give up waiting for DJI. We only have 4 good summer months in the Cleveland area......unless they announce the Mavic 3 will be compatible, then......

I also have the Smart Controller, and the updates our very annoying as they may never come, however with a Air 2 Wet Suit you can fly whenever you want in the Rain or the Snow the Mavic has been tested to fly in the weather conditions rather easily with no harm to you drone , so you can at least extend your flying time even if it only thu the winter months.

The more you fly the better piloting skills you will have so flying consistently is a huge plus and the Air 2 Wet Suits will allow you to do that.
Im in Cleveland by the way.

Something to consider as we wait for the Holy Grail Update.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in and out of the storm.
Coal

Screenshot 06-06-2020 09.54.14.jpg

• Love
Reactions: ven
i like your style phantomrain! I have a couple of (useless but hopefully will look cool) decalgirl skins coming. Although i am not a fan of the rain full stop, those wet suits are very cool. Once the novelty of the skins has eased, i may just try one out(i dont have to use in the rain! but better to have and not need than to need and not have) :cool:

I have been pondering a SC (have an air 2). I will be honest, i have a very very slight bitter taste in my mouth with DJI. The distance is overrated(certainly in UK)not that i have fully tested in the wide open yet. Also not replying to a message on their site. So i am very hesitant in dropping £500+ on a SC right now. Maybe if the inspire attraction wins out, i may then. But i am not hopeful for MA2 updates, just like the ongoing issue of CPU issues that i can trace back to 2017, yet many still have today. I think their innovation, is 2nd to none. But there are so many gremlins, heck i nearly got a mini and those seem even worse, shutting off or power lost in the air. I digress as per usual, but for now i wont be spending anymore with dji. Mini rant over, fly safe

i like your style phantomrain! I have a couple of (useless but hopefully will look cool) decalgirl skins coming. Although i am not a fan of the rain full stop, those wet suits are very cool. Once the novelty of the skins has eased, i may just try one out(i dont have to use in the rain! but better to have and not need than to need and not have) :cool:

Great< keep in mind that you can put the Wet Suits right over the Skins really provides a nice look. If you ever hand catch your drone you will really appreciate the Neoprene squeeze pad as its a night and day difference when catching or launching the drone by hand. Thank you.

I forgot to mention that 5 minute install compared to 45 min to a hour.. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: ven
Thanks for extra info, certainly good to know! I am dreading spending 1-2hrs of fitting the skin in the 1st place, knowing i dont need to remove is a big plus!! Thumbswayup

• Love
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
It really annoys me how some vendors around here keep pitching their products with almost every post they make, particularly when their product has nothing to do with the OP topic.
Maybe you did not understand the OP question nor how were on the same page not only did we establish were both in Cleveland but that there is a way to fly more than 4 months out of the year which I think fits the thread nicely.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly more than 4 months out of the year in cleveland.
Coal

Reactions: RWD and Rattydude77
I missed that.
can you point to somewhere this was said by DJI?
It was on their FAQ page before and during the release. I can't find it now but it was seen by many. That's why people like myself paid almost the equivalent of another MA2 and are pissed that it's been well over a month now and counting and still can't use it. This is why I'm returning it for now. Its no point buying a MP2 to use it with when I know a MP3 is coming out. Hope it doesn't have Occusync 3.0 or more people will be upset.

It was on their FAQ page before and during the release. I can't find it now but it was seen by many.
I didn't see anything before release but ever since release it has said
Can I use the DJI Smart Controller with Mavic Air 2?
Yes. Mavic Air 2 will be compatible with the DJI Smart Controller through a future firmware update.

Was the mention of 2 weeks really by DJI or was it some of the rumour and misinformation that gets around the drone community?

So this is where I must have seen/heard it when I was on the fence about getting one.

So this is where I must have seen/heard it
The motivation here is his subscribe button.
Believe none of what you hear, and half of what you see.
Certainly applies to the DJI folks in a lot of cases.

So this is where I must have seen/heard it when I was on the fence about getting one.

ARRRHHH....THIS IS EXACTLY THE SAME REASON WHY I TOO BOUGHT A SC TO GO WITH MY MA2...There must be hundreds or more of us CUSTOMERS conned by this single BOGUS source.
Two weeks from launch is 14 days in my language but lets be fair....say we double that ....which brings us to first week JUNE....and beyond !!...ITS A DELIBERATE CON TRICK THAT WILL NOT HELP OUR LOYALTY TOWARDS DJI.....ITS BEYOND DISRESPECT !
They could - should - have been more honest and realistic with a likely date for this essential SW fix...so come on DJI...You must read these comments...ANSWER OUR SIMPLE QUESTION ..W H E N ???

• Haha
Reactions: Ex Coelis
ARRRHHH....THIS IS EXACTLY THE SAME REASON WHY I TOO BOUGHT A SC TO GO WITH MY MA2...There must be hundreds or more of us CUSTOMERS conned by this single BOGUS source.
Two weeks from launch is 14 days in my language but lets be fair....say we double that ....which brings us to first week JUNE....and beyond !!...ITS A DELIBERATE CON TRICK THAT WILL NOT HELP OUR LOYALTY TOWARDS DJI.....ITS BEYOND DISRESPECT !
They could - should - have been more honest and realistic with a likely date for this essential SW fix...so come on DJI...You must read these comments...ANSWER OUR SIMPLE QUESTION ..W H E N ???

So you watched some random guy's video who spews BS and yet somehow feel conned by DJI?

I think you're placing the blame in the wrong place. These Youtube videos are for crap.

I have the same problem with my car (Tesla) - tons of garbage videos that drown out real information.

I've learned to just ignore Youtube altogether. The so-called "information" is all garbage designed to "get you to mash that like button!!"

I can't find any evidence DJI claimed a 2-week leadtime. "Future" - yes, but don't see 2 weeks anywhere... just speculation from some garbage video.

Great< keep in mind that you can put the Wet Suits right over the Skins really provides a nice look. If you ever hand catch your drone you will really appreciate the Neoprene squeeze pad as its a night and day difference when catching or launching the drone by hand. Thank you.

I forgot to mention that 5 minute install compared to 45 min to a hour.. ;)
Hi Phantomrain, why do we not have a wetsuit for the Air1?

They could - should - have been more honest and realistic with a likely date
What the “Droning On” guy claimed we can’t verify. If he could back that claim up with a written response from DJI, that we could complain about.

Reactions: Ex Coelis
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent