DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

i have a problem

old man mavic

Premium Pilot
Reactions
after 5 days of Mini 3 pro ownership and 15 flights under my belt,it is so brilliant to fly with the new dji rc,
compared to having to set up my i pad on the RC for all my other drones that i fly ,that the problem i have is because of that fact, my other drones are going to be neglected ,in favour of the Mini 3, i have always purchased hard cases for my drones, because i have found that the fly more case ,has been a bit of a compromise when it comes to fitting the drone rc and batteries into the space provided
no such issues with the Mini 3 fly more case it holds the drone RC and the battery hub ,plus a strap that i have to suspend the RC around my neck to save having to hold it, when setting up or changing batteries ,the spare props and the screwdriver supplied ,fit in a zipped pocket inside the case ,and it is compact and easy to carry with the fitted strap,
set up time is minimal ,and Satellite acquisition is also very quick ,less than a minute for me anyway to get the home point message
but dont worry i will still find time to fly the MPP, and MM ,and i have plans for the hubsan ,to allow a friend to access it and fly it ,instead of it just being left to degrade in my man cave, its mainly the batteries that tend to suffer from lack of use, when they are not used for long periods

It's always a problem when you have something new and shiny yet you still love your other stuff.

I have one question... With that Mavic 2 if I want to use the bottom aux USB port I can plug a phone or a tablet in there or find and adapter for the side connection. With my Mini 2, while the bottom USB is for charging only (a shame, IMO) but the top USB-c can be used to plug in a phone or tablet. But the Mini 3 with the smart controller and built in screen...

... Can you use a separate phone or tablet if you have the Mini 3's Smart controller? If so, where would it plug in and what type of connector is required?

@vindibona1 at the bottom of the controller there is a cover that lifts up to reveal the sd card slot and another usb c connector
on the cover, the word host is molded into the cover above the connector
this is not the charging port that is alongside the cover and open
i did have a quick look through the manual on line ,and could not see any reference to that usb c

@vindibona1 at the bottom of the controller there is a cover that lifts up to reveal the sd card slot and another usb c connector
i did have a quick look through the manual on line ,and could not see any reference to that usb c
Lord help me, but I’m getting closer to ordering a mini 3. I’m not sure what I’m going to do with my mini2, but it’s got a slight crack in the hall and needs to go into DJI before I can think about selling it. I’ll probably keep it so I can teach one of my friends how to fly.

I’d like your thoughts and something I touched about earlier either in this thread or a different thread. I’m thinking about buying the mini three with the smart controller and one extended battery. At least for now. For some reason I have an aversion to buying the flymore kit but it appears that several dollars goes to underwrite the bag which I have absolutely no use for. I assume that for now I can charge the batteries individually through the drone itself and ultimately decide on whether I want to charger or not. The best/cheapest purchase I made when I didn’t buy the mini one kit What’s the find clip on devices that I could just plug into the wall and charge on my batteries the same time. So what do you think?

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
@vindibona1 to charge the drone batteries really takes a minimum30w output charger about an hour per battery, the cable that comes with the drone, has a usb c at each end ,the mini 3 is a big improvement over the first mini and the mini2
i didnt get a mini2 because for me the difference,between it and the first mini ,which i had only had for a year, and had a hard case and spares for, was not enough to warrant the cost
if you really have a need for a sub 250g drone ,then the 3 is the one to have, especially with the new controller ,just remember that as of this moment, the new controller will only work with the Mini 3

after 5 days of Mini 3 pro ownership and 15 flights under my belt,it is so brilliant to fly with the new dji rc,
compared to having to set up my i pad on the RC for all my other drones that i fly ,that the problem i have is because of that fact, my other drones are going to be neglected ,in favour of the Mini 3, i have always purchased hard cases for my drones, because i have found that the fly more case ,has been a bit of a compromise when it comes to fitting the drone rc and batteries into the space provided
no such issues with the Mini 3 fly more case it holds the drone RC and the battery hub ,plus a strap that i have to suspend the RC around my neck to save having to hold it, when setting up or changing batteries ,the spare props and the screwdriver supplied ,fit in a zipped pocket inside the case ,and it is compact and easy to carry with the fitted strap,
set up time is minimal ,and Satellite requisition is also very quick ,less than a minute for me anyway to get the home point message
but dont worry i will still find time to fly the MPP, and MM ,and i have plans for the hubsan ,to allow a friend to access it and fly it ,instead of it just being left to degrade in my man cave, its mainly the batteries that tend to suffer from lack of use, when they are not used for long periods
I have the same problem ,I have a much neglected Mav 3 , I know the pic quality is better but by the time I connect ipad then wait for satellites, which takes forever,I have the mini 3 in the air already

set up time is minimal ,and Satellite requisition is also very quick ,less than a minute for me anyway to get the home point message
Area man complains about "drone jealousy." FAA to investigate
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I have the same problem ,I have a much neglected Mav 3 , I know the pic quality is better but by the time I connect ipad then wait for satellites, which takes forever,I have the mini 3 in the air already
I have miles and miles of pasture and hills covered with oak trees all with wonderful weather surrounding my California home. Send your neglected, lonely Mavic 3 to my Rescue farm. Be humane, let it fly the open spaces, cavort with hawks, see the cumulus and be free! We are a no crash farm and will send monthly updates as your beloved M3 recovers from neglect and isolation. It’s the right thing to do - you know that is.

All of my Minis have been a bit neglected since I got my FPV, but that will start to even out after a while!

The question is, can you use an external device such as a phone or tablet in place of, or in addition to the Smart Controller's screen? My question revolves around using VR goggles and 3rd party apps that support VR/FPV. I recognize that it may be awhile before DJI releases the SDK for the Mini 3, but Litchi, and now Maven have opened up some things that are missing in DJI Fly.

Send your neglected, lonely Mavic 3 to my Rescue farm. Be humane, let it fly the open spaces, cavort with hawks, see the cumulus and be free! We are a no crash farm and will send monthly updates as your beloved M3 recovers from neglect and isolation. It’s the right thing to do - you know that is.
🤣🤣🤣🤦‍♂️ . . .

Reactions: Rchawks
that the problem i have is because of that fact, my other drones are going to be neglected ,in favour of the Mini 3
My Air 2s is still brand new. Except for powering it on, binding it to the RCP and updating it. . . it has never flown 🤦‍♂️.

Thanks OMM. Was wondering if the DJI RC was worth the extra $ but you seem to have answered that. Quick setup and easy to see screen (and your results) have swayed me. Looking for a small travel drone to go with my A2 instead of going with the A2S. Hopefully the picture quality is similar.

I have miles and miles of pasture and hills covered with oak trees all with wonderful weather surrounding my California home. Send your neglected, lonely Mavic 3 to my Rescue farm. Be humane, let it fly the open spaces, cavort with hawks, see the cumulus and be free! We are a no crash farm and will send monthly updates as your beloved M3 recovers from neglect and isolation. It’s the right thing to do - you know that is.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha no

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun