DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I have weird problem with my Mavic 2 Pro controller

Krx

Reactions
Hello. I have weird problem with my Mavic 2 Pro smart (regular one) controller. Every so, randomly based, when powering up controller it starts beeping and it shows "Stick Error". It continues to beep untill I fiddle with sticks.
As advised I tried to calibrate it. After entering calibration mode, I can see that right stick shows small percentage in either up or down axis. Never both.
So when I move it up or down and release it doesn't go to zero, it stays at 5-25%.
Weird part: If I dont touch right stick, when moving left stick up or down, up and down values on right stick also changes from 5 to approx 50%.
What could be the reason for this behavior?
How come that moving left stick also changes value on right stick? When it does this, calibrating doesnt help.
Resime:
- Controller starts beeping when firing up in like 3 of 10 flights.
- After beeping stops, I can launch but, drone drifts forward or backward, depends on my controller mood, when both sticks are up.
- Calibrating doesnt help
- It might happen when controller is both cold started or after it heats up when internal fan starts.
- It does this no matter of outdoor temp, between 15 and 30 temp Celsius

Main problem:
- I would like to send controller to testing and to get replacement because drifting is not acceptable. But in order to do so I would need to wait whole month because our dealer in Croatia (Aviteh) doesn't offer service for it, so controller must be sent somewhere in the EU, test it and send replacement unit - if they also experience such behavior. Which I doubt they would because it happens randomly. Also our drone dealer dont offer replacement controller unit while Im waiting which is bad for my business because my drone is useless without controller.

Drone is basically new, purchased on end July, never dropped controller, never abused it, it never got wet or something. I had less than 50 flights with it, all under perfect dry conditions. Both drone and controllers were securely stored in Manfrotto photo bag when not in use.
Any suggestions?
Thanks, Regards

Last edited:
Reactions: Harjanto
Are you removing the joy sticks when storing? My guess is something is pressing against them slightly as you are storing them?

Are you removing the joy sticks when storing? My guess is something is pressing against them slightly as you are storing them?

Hi. Always unscrew sticks before storage. And controller is placed between soft padded thick dividers so that it doesn't rattle and its not tight at all.

Same problem with mine ... I'm also looking for what happened with this RC. I take care of my M2P carefully in the safety bag . I always release the stick and use protector. Need solution for this strange case ... Thank you

Need solution for this strange case ... Thank you

I semi-solved this by getting new controller from DJI for free. Note that I they asked me to send whole drone oackage to them and I was without it for one full month while Care refresh time was ticking whole time. They said that they will not pause it (lol) while my drone was at their repair center.
I said semi-solved because after working fine for one approx month, new controller developed the same issue: occasionally, right stick - up position would show 0 to 4 % of movement and my m2p would slowly drift forward when all sticks are up.
I did several calibrations and hard resets.
Another thing worth of notice: I have new Samsung galaxy tab s6 tablet and DJI plastic holder now. And it seems that drone doesn't drift any more.
Previously I used Nvidia Shield tablet and metal holder.
According to what I've read online, my guess is that metal holder was transferring magnetic field from magnets (many tablets has several strong magnets on them) on Nvidia closer to controller so it was giving it false input.
Drone and controller are very sensitive to all kind of magnetic and RF interference, that's why we are getting so many interference warnings and compas calibration prompts.
TBH if I knew all what I know now about DJI drones, I would never buy it. Its just too much of expensive hassle about everything, especially about carrying about their darn sensitive princess of batteries.
I live in Croatia and we have hot summers. Two weeks ago approx 32 C, very light sea breeze, after 15 mins of slow flight in tripod ot P mode, all removed batteries were extra hot on touch, so at some point they will get heat damage and bloat no matter how much I pamper them.

Have exactly the same problem on the right stick. It sometimes goes away with a restart, but some other times it needs multiple restarts

It happened to me also for a couple of times. Try different sequences of operation like turning on the SC first and wait for the Go4 app to show up then turn on the drone (this worked for me so far) and vice versa.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom