DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I just bought a TK102 GPS tracker

Donny66

Reactions
I set it up but haven’t used it on my drone yet. I tested it driving my car a few blocks then called and got the text back with the google map link where I was at about a mile away. It’s seems to be a good cheap option besides my gps on my Mavic 2 Zoom but wanted your thoughts on if this is enough for piece of mind in case of a lost drone? I see a lot of you use Trackimo and Marco Polo but started off with the TK102. $18 for the unit, $10 for the SIM card and $5 a month. Thoughts before I pull the trigger on something more expensive? Thank you in advance for your thoughts and suggestions.

Reactions: Former Member
73dda670b3f23a7b4170a8643f50b2e6.jpg

Reactions: crlmjohnson
I opted for the Marco Polo tracking system and although it’s much more expensive ($225) than the one listed previously it is much more reliable in my opinion. And I can switch it to all my other drones by using Velcro pads on them and just use one tracking transmitter.
I have tested it up to 2 miles and it took me straight to my drone.

I just ordered a trackimo but I was wondering about something unrelated to drones. When someone surreptitiously places a tracker on a car at least on tv it’s always placed underneath the car. Doesn’t it block gps and cell signals being underneath a mass of metal?

Last edited:
You can use velcro but Ive got a 3D printed bracket that snaps over the back legs
I have the same bracket but it isn’t as convenient as the Velcro pads. Using Velcro allows me to swap the transmitter from my M2P and use it on my Inspire 2 when I fly it.
And I don’t have to remove the bracket every time I put it back into my case.

It says one battery will last 24 hrs. But there is one complaint in a review that states the seller says the battery is 1300 mAH but the battery itself says 800 mAH.

I can't answer for the other poster, but the one I have very rarely needed charging - certainly outdoes the Mavic batteries and it's always easy to check it's battery level via the app.

I've been trying my best to find where I got the mount from, it's a black 3d printed holder - that fixes on the rear of the drone - your drone will need calibrating once with it attached - as it's very close to the built-in compass.

I will update my post when I find the holder.

Reactions: IgorD2
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR