DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I just got a 7.85" CrystalSky, how do I update the firmware on my Mavic Pro with it?

Narayita

Reactions
There may be an easy answer to this but I can't seem to figure it out. I have the CrystalSky connected to the controller via USB-C to USB cable connected to the USB port on the bottom of the controller. You are supposed to have the controller connected to the aircraft when you do updates but if I am using the bottom USB port for the CrystalSky how do I connect the controller to the aircraft? Do I need to have a USB Micro To USB Micro cable to connect to the Micro USB port on the side of the controller?

I think you have misunderstood mate.

The controller connects to the aircraft wirelessly, there is no need to run a cable from the controller to the AC :)

Is the 7.85 compatible with the Mavic? DJI website doesn't say so. Curious because I was thinking about getting a CS and would prefer the bigger model

Functionally yes, there jsut isn't an "official" solution to mount it to the controller AFAIK so your job to make/get one.

Is the mount location different on the 7.85 & 5.5? MavMount make a mount as does PolarPro

Is the 7.85 compatible with the Mavic? DJI website doesn't say so. Curious because I was thinking about getting a CS and would prefer the bigger model
Absolutely compatible, albeit a little heavy. I use it on my Mavic Pro with a mavmount and its way better then using it with my iPhone. I think that DJI stated that it isn't compatible because their mavic mount and the larger crystalsky make the controller a little odd. I don't own that mount so I can't confirm this but I've heard that it makes it a little unnatural for your thumbs to press directly forward because your palms are canted out so much. It can make you press the sticks diagonally on accident.

this is the DJI mount and the 7.85, it's definitely more compact than my mav mount, you actually hold the top corners of the CS in your palms and your thumbs and fingers fall into place.With the smaller CS your holding the controller more. There are no issues with the angles to the control sticks.

mavic and cs - Copy.jpg

Reactions: Ping^Spike
this is the DJI mount and the 7.85, it's definitely more compact than my mav mount, you actually hold the top corners of the CS in your palms and your thumbs and fingers fall into place.With the smaller CS your holding the controller more. There are no issues with the angles to the control sticks.

View attachment 35194
Sweet, thanks for chiming in! Do you find the DJI mount better then the mavmount? How is the weight overall with that configuration?

Sweet, thanks for chiming in! Do you find the DJI mount better then the mavmount? How is the weight overall with that configuration?

It's heavy, because of the amplified Titan Cyclone antenna panel (which has it's own battery) and the larger CS, which has a big battery compared to most tablets, but you don't tend to feel it as much because your holding it at a 45 degree angle.

I like the DJI mount better as I have the same mount on all my controllers and I can swap the CS monitors I have quickly between them, it uses a bayonet type connection with quick release, with the mav mount I have to unscrew the bracket when I want to use the different CS models.

The main reason why I like the DJI Mavic CS mount is that I can carry the controller, panel antenna and CS monitor all connected, it just slides into my bag like a laptop would. The mav mount introduces extra weight (ball head) and it's a clunkier form factor to pack away and unless I'm carrying a box I can't have it all assembled. I hike a lot, so the thinner and vertical form factor allowed by the DJI CS Mavic mount makes it easier to carry it in the back pack

Last edited:
Reactions: The Ghost
I’m using DJI mount for Mavic Pro with 7.8” CS . Feels great in my hands. Just little heavy but the hot mount is real nice & very well made. You’ll like it a lot. [emoji111]️[emoji256][emoji573]

Reactions: Narayita
I'm using a CS mount made by shapeways.

333.JPG

Ahhh...sorry, didn’t read entire posting...

That is a Titan Cyclone circular polarised and amplified 2.4ghz antenna panel. I converted all my controllers to the T-lock mount and use a range of Titan panels.

Last edited:
That is a Titan Cyclone circular polarised and amplified 2.4ghz antenna panel. I converted all my controllers to the T-lock mount and use a range of Titan panels.

I totally don't want to fork this tread, but do you have a separate post/thread on this site expressing your use of the Titan Cyclone that I can follow the link for? (I was looking into getting an RF Amp several months ago, then got too busy to follow up on. Now, im distracted with getting a CS)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy