DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I just ordered a refurbished one from DJI

macoman

Reactions
I just purchased a Smart controller for the Mavic air 2. I know it is currently not compatible but there will be a future firmware upgrade that will allow to do it. I just can't stand the tablet, cable and brightness of it. I just hope that they release soon the firmware.

Are we certain that DJI will be updating the software to allow the MA2 to work with the Smart Controller? (I would gladly spend the money necessary if that is going to happen - but after reading several posts in this forum, it did not sound to me like it was a Certainty that it was going to happen - Your thoughts?

Are we certain that DJI will be updating the software to allow the MA2 to work with the Smart Controller? (I would gladly spend the money necessary if that is going to happen - but after reading several posts in this forum, it did not sound to me like it was a Certainty that it was going to happen - Your thoughts?
They are working on the firmware... I read somewhere that the firmware will be out by August or September. I will look at where I read about it.

Update: Don't know where I read about that they are working on it but here is another link that DJI support says that a future firmware update but didn't mention a time frame. https://forum.dji.com/thread-219478-1-1.html

Last edited:
Reactions: Geekser
They are working on the firmware... I read somewhere that the firmware will be out by August or September. I will look at where I read about it.

Update: Don't know where I read about that they are working on it but here is another link that DJI support says that a future firmware update but didn't mention a time frame. smart controler & mavic air two
That DJI post originally said 2 weeks after Air2 release. Then it magically changed to future update.

That DJI post originally said 2 weeks after Air2 release. Then it magically changed to future update.
I changed my mind and DJI refunded me back the money. I rather spend that money in something more valuable.

I searched and researched carefully just before the release of the MA2 and all I could find and attribute directly to a DJI statement was that there would be a future upgrade to make the SC compatible with the MA2. Theree was no timeframe given, but I went ahead and bout the MA2 and the SC.....Worst case I sell it at a small loss....or perhaps the FW upgrade will come soon. Having fun in the meantime flying with Samsung Note 9 in a Mavmount 2 mount and also with the Samsung Tab S6 using the Mavmount and a tablet holder with 1/4-20 connection.
I'm looking forward to when I can just tak the SC out of its PGYTech cordura case and switch it and the MA2 on an fly.

Reactions: OldBlueHeron
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair