DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I just picked up my Mavic Pro! Have a few questions....

GoBigGuy

Reactions
Hi All,

Today I bit the bullet and purchased my first drone, the Mavic Pro Fly More Combo!

I've unpacked everything and have the batteries and controller charging and have started reading through the tiny manuals.

Looking at the bag that came with the combo I'm not sure if that will be something easy to pack with all batteries, charger, remote and drone. What do you recommend for a compact case that will fit everything?

Going to be using my iPhone 7 Plus for now and maybe one day I'll get a iPad Mini 4. I am guessing I'll want to put my phone in airplane mode once I have it connected?

Last but not least what accessories should I get? I know they have leg extenders, landing pads, lens hoods, controller guards, ect. What should I get and what is a waste of money?

Any other tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

yes on airplane mode, The flymore bag is tight with all the batteries, one on the bird, one in each mesh side pocket works.

Add ons usually end up in a junk drawer. I have bought a bunch, but the only things I still use is the leg extensions.
People reccomend filters for the camera, but I dont see the need for my use. Have fun!

First thing I did was download the full manual from the DJI website.
Then I got a case of eBay like this:
Waterproof Hardshell Carrying Case Bag Box Protector For DJI MAVIC / Spark Drone | eBay
I’m pretty sure in airplane mode you don’t get access to google maps satellite view, which I use a lot.
I’ve only been using mine since Christmas, but I’ve been using it a lot since we’ve had great weather.
Tripod mode is good for practicing with because the controls are slowed down.
Personally I’ve been using my iPad plugged into the bottom port of the RC because you can see so much more.

I've bought a load of accessories and hardly used any of them, it's perfectly capable as is.

Only add-on I would recommend is Care Refresh if you haven't already purchased.

DJI Care Refresh is definitely recommended as @Callum mentioned. We really like having a landing pad, besides that invest in extra batteries over some of the small trinket accessories and parts. Safe flying and congrats on your recent acquisition!

Reactions: Callum
Thanks for posting, I’m waiting for my Fly More to come in the mail and was going to ask the same questions... pretty sure I will get an iPad mini 2 or 4 (wifi or LTE haven’t decided yet) though sooner than later. Looking forward to hearing some suggestions and replies and tips...

Hi All,

Today I bit the bullet and purchased my first drone, the Mavic Pro Fly More Combo!

I've unpacked everything and have the batteries and controller charging and have started reading through the tiny manuals.

Looking at the bag that came with the combo I'm not sure if that will be something easy to pack with all batteries, charger, remote and drone. What do you recommend for a compact case that will fit everything?

Going to be using my iPhone 7 Plus for now and maybe one day I'll get a iPad Mini 4. I am guessing I'll want to put my phone in airplane mode once I have it connected?

Last but not least what accessories should I get? I know they have leg extenders, landing pads, lens hoods, controller guards, ect. What should I get and what is a waste of money?

Any other tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I never take my lens hood off & think it really helps with flares. I also think it gives some protection to the lens.

Leg Extenders
Something that goes on the remote to protect the toggles
I put 1 battery under the remote, 1 in each mesh (I have 4 total), a case with 4 filters in a pocket, extra cables for in the top pocket, and it all fits in the FlyMore bag, even with the leg extenders on.
Care Refresh will give you confidence/courage if nothing else
Use Beginner Mode and Tripod mode while you're getting used to flying.

Gimbal cover off, if you want anything close to decent quality video. Don't forget to remove your gimbal lock. That said you probably will, half a dozen times before you tie a little ribbon on it.

Yes, everything will fit in the soft bag. Batteries in the outside mesh pockets. You can even see their state of charge from there.

Essentials: Soft bags (sleeves) for the mavic and controller. Helps with slipping them in and out of the main bag, plus some come with the controller sticks guard in the kit... Amazon.

ND filters, eventually, once you understand how they work, you won't want be without them.

Screen shade for your device. You can buy one, or lots of DIY options on here also.

Optional: Landing/takeoff pad. Makes it easier in grass, sand, and irregular surfaces. You can usually get away without it by hand launching and landing (once you learn how, and are comfortable)

Do searches first for anything you might ask on this forum. Loads of info on here.

Fly safe and HAVE FUN!

Last edited:
Open the app at home with a wifi/data connection and look at the map within the app. Look at areas that you are likely to fly at. This process saves the maps for offline viewing when flying out in the field in aeroplane mode.

If I were you I would call State Farm insurance company and get it insured. For $60 a year sure beats dishing out another thousand dollars if you lose it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AviewFromAbove_