DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I JUST READ ABOUT THE NEW (DJI MINI-SE) COMING OUT AND THIS IS NO JOKE OR FAKE NEWS!!!

CLAYB.7

Reactions
I just read that DJI has released a new MINI DRONE!!! It's called the DJI MINI-SE and it is being shipped to Walmart getting ready to go live to be sold from what I read it's basically a original DJI MINI ONE as far as the specs go like the camera is only the same exact thing of the first DJI MINI ONE DRONE with a 2.7K camera and the rest of the specs line up with the original DJI MINI the only thing that I seen was different was that it has the DJI MINI-2 controller and I think they are going for the price point on this one because they are saying that it's going to be way cheaper than the other two DJI MINI's the story is on the DRONE DJ WEBSITE if you want to go check it out God Bless ✝️✝️✝️ Sincerely Clay B.

Reactions: dannpd and shaneb50
I just read that DJI has released a new MINI DRONE!!! It's called the DJI MINI-SE and it is being shipped to Walmart getting ready to go live to be sold from what I read it's basically a original DJI MINI ONE as far as the specs go like the camera is only the same exact thing of the first DJI MINI ONE DRONE with a 2.7K camera and the rest of the specs line up with the original DJI MINI the only thing that I seen was different was that it has the DJI MINI-2 controller and I think they are going for the price point on this one because they are saying that it's going to be way cheaper than the other two DJI MINI's the story is on the DRONE DJ WEBSITE if you want to go check it out God Bless ✝️✝️✝️ Sincerely Clay B.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210604-074019_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20210604-074019_Google.jpg
    467.9 KB · Views: 232
Interesting, as I wonder what they have in that remote. As the original Mini was enhanced WiFi. And that remote is/was Ocusysnc. So did they re-gut that remote to WiFi, or redo the Mini to OcuSync?

Just something else for the earliy adopters of the Mini to whine about now it seems....Quit messing around DJI and give us the M3...no need to worry about Fimi and Hubsan small market cheapo share...knock one outta the park with a new M3!!!

Interesting, as I wonder what they have in that remote. As the original Mini was enhanced WiFi. And that remote is/was Ocusysnc. So did they re-gut that remote to WiFi, or redo the Mini to OcuSync?

Just something else for the earliy adopters of the Mini to whine about now it seems....Quit messing around DJI and give us the M3...no need to worry about Fimi and Hubsan small market cheapo share...knock one outta the park with a new M3!!!
I'm with you on that one Brother!!! And I am thinking that DJI probably just went and did the WI-FI on the controller like you said because I don't see them doing occusync at that price point I could be wrong but I don't think so and I can't wait until they bring out the DJI MINI-3 and being that the MINI 2 actually only truly weighs in at 237-38 GRAMS well below the 250 GRAMS mark I would love to see them doing one with obstacle avoidance built in because they can definitely do it!!! But if they choose not to do it again I'll have to see what all they do decide to put in the MINI-3 before I go out and get one so here's to them doing the right thing! God Bless Brother ✝️✝️✝️ Sincerely Clay B.

I'm with you on that one Brother!!! And I am thinking that DJI probably just went and did the WI-FI on the controller like you said because I don't see them doing occusync at that price point I could be wrong but I don't think so and I can't wait until they bring out the DJI MINI-3 and being that the MINI 2 actually only truly weighs in at 237-38 GRAMS well below the 250 GRAMS mark I would love to see them doing one with obstacle avoidance built in because they can definitely do it!!! But if they choose not to do it again I'll have to see what all they do decide to put in the MINI-3 before I go out and get one so here's to them doing the right thing! God Bless Brother ✝️✝️✝️ Sincerely Clay B.
The M3 I was referring to is the Mavic 3 class (Replace Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom), a Mini 3 if ever, will be at least a year out at this stage. Unless DJI changes their whole marketing structure, and as they have no real competition in this class, I don't see them booting anything new out the door sooner. All they have to do is firmwares to close the door on competitors at this stage IMHO.

Reactions: CLAYB.7
The M3 I was referring to is the Mavic 3 class (Replace Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom), a Mini 3 if ever, will be at least a year out at this stage. Unless DJI changes their whole marketing structure, and as they have no real competition in this class, I don't see them booting anything new out the door sooner. All they have to do is firmwares to close the door on competitors at this stage IMHO.
Oh ok I see what you mean Brother my fault and your right man the new M3 is without a doubt going to be a AWESOME DRONE! and speaking of new firmware updates what's your opinion on do you think that it's even possible for DJI to do a firmware update that would be able to use the camera as a somewhat obstacle avoidance system if possible or not? God Bless Brother ✝️✝️✝️ Sincerely Clay B.

Oh ok I see what you mean Brother my fault and your right man the new M3 is without a doubt going to be a AWESOME DRONE! and speaking of new firmware updates what's your opinion on do you think that it's even possible for DJI to do a firmware update that would be able to use the camera as a somewhat obstacle avoidance system if possible or not? God Bless Brother ✝️✝️✝️ Sincerely Clay B.
To be honest they probably won't do that anyway (O/A). And straight up the general consensus is by those who flew somebody else's aircraft (Other manufactures) "Real Pilots" don't need it (Their words). And a good percentage of us that do have it (Like me) never really use it as it is a serious pain in more ways than one. It's all bells a whistles and marketing to sell these things now to the last/new group of bargain buyers in the $500 and below class.

I only engage it on certain flights after well up and out of takeoff, I keep it on a C2 programmable switch to instantly toggle it off and on. It is more for a safety on a RTH, had I not planned to set a safe altitude (Not likely). Other than that, it prohibits flight, makes way to much noise :p And doesn't work on modes it should for the most part...and I have one of the two models DJI makes that they threw 360° on.

Now has it saved me in the past....yes. Has it saved others...yes. I liken it to better to have and not need...I have flown DJI for over 5 years before I had it, so just a gimmick for the most part. The system as employed with APAS 3.0 on the new Mavic Air's is very nice, but if one flies using their aircraft to really need such a system then they should have bought a SkyDio honestly IMHO.

To be honest they probably won't do that anyway (O/A). And straight up the general consensus is by those who flew somebody else's aircraft (Other manufactures) "Real Pilots" don't need it (Their words). And a good percentage of us that do have it (Like me) never really use it as it is a serious pain in more ways than one. It's all bells a whistles and marketing to sell these things now to the last/new group of bargain buyers in the $500 and below class.

I only engage it on certain flights after well up and out of takeoff, I keep it on a C2 programmable switch to instantly toggle it off and on. It is more for a safety on a RTH, had I not planned to set a safe altitude (Not likely). Other than that, it prohibits flight, makes way to much noise :p And doesn't work on modes it should for the most part...and I have one of the two models DJI makes that they threw 360° on.

Now has it saved me in the past....yes. Has it saved others...yes. I liken it to better to have and not need...I have flown DJI for over 5 years before I had it, so just a gimmick for the most part. The system as employed with APAS 3.0 on the new Mavic Air's is very nice, but if one flies using their aircraft to really need such a system then they should have bought a SkyDio honestly IMHO.
Thank You Brother! And I see what you mean and yeah man come to think about it I didn't really use it on my DJI SPARK after I got really comfortable with flying it after a while cuz it did get really on my nerves after a long while of hearing it beeping when I to close to someone or something LOL HA HA HA HA HA HA HA it would have been more for me letting someone else fly it and not having to worry about them crashing it (MINI-2) but oh well ? I know that I can't wait to see what is next to be coming from DJI I'm sure it's going to be AWESOME!!! whatever it will be. God Bless Brother ✝️✝️✝️ Sincerely Clay B.

WOW!!!!!!! Man I didn't see the price until just now and they're going to be selling a whole bunch of them at the AWESOME PRICE of $299.00!!! At least that's what I am thinking I would have loved to only have paid $299.00 for my DJI MINI-2 I know that but oh well God Bless ✝️✝️✝️ Sincerely Clay B.
Hate to play the devils advocate here but it just means 8 out of 10 buyers will be 12 - 13 year old kids flying, reeking havoc and breaking every FAA rule. Just going to give the government more ammo to restrict UAV usage. Let the comments fly……. I can take the heat.

Hate to play the devils advocate here but it just means 8 out of 10 buyers will be 12 - 13 year old kids flying, reeking havoc and breaking every FAA rule. Just going to give the government more ammo to restrict UAV usage. Let the comments fly……. I can take the heat.
No one takes the Heat like i do, lol

This also happens on Xmas day also
Its manageable.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain and Land on the Water.

Do we need more cheap drones out there causing havoc?

There are so few people out there causing havoc compared to the number of people flying drones.
This is really good news as if there were a real problem , this would not be happening.

But what it does mean is that DJI Refresh is going to be really busy soon enough. :p

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your MINI 2 in the Rain .

WOW!!!!!!! Man I didn't see the price until just now and they're going to be selling a whole bunch of them at the AWESOME PRICE of $299.00!!! At least that's what I am thinking I would have loved to only have paid $299.00 for my DJI MINI-2 I know that but oh well God Bless ✝️✝️✝️ Sincerely Clay B.
That's a good price, but I wouldn't get too excited about it. After all, Costco was selling the original Mavic Mini with an extra battery and a cool looking charging base/display case for $369 for much of 2020.

It's nice that you can now get started for $300 instead of $369, but most will probably eventually want an extra battery anyway, which brings the prices quite a bit closer.

The new drone has a bigger controller with a bigger battery, so some will like it, and some will prefer the older, smaller, more portable controller. I'm not sure if the new drone has OccuSync; that would certainly be an improvement over WiFi. But other than that, this smells like a drone with nearly the original Mavic Mini features for a price close to what original Mavic Mini was going for before it was discontinued.

Some of us that bought the original MM don't really need many "bells and whistles". I bought my Costco deal because I've a bunch of roofs to monitor and the alternatives were not good. Getting ladders out was getting tiresome, getting a roofer to check it out was about as much as the MM.
Thanks to the MM I found a few trees that needed cutting and a chimney crown leak. Couldn't see the chimney crown crack from the ground, but a 32 foot ladder and a bucket of mortar fixed it. Little apprehension climbing up 3 stories and doing mud work with my 70 yr old body but a roofer would have been real expensive.

From what I read last night, the stats are the MM1 and the only difference is the controller in a fly more package. I think they are just trying to repackage it to clear out the surplus... I have the mini2 and there is no reason to go backwards... Maybe the 3 Pro next?

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest