DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I learned something today

Gunman45

Reactions
I don't see a thread for this so I will go ahead and post.

While playing with filters and manual settings in the Litchi app yesterday, I forgot to set it back to auto mode when I took my Mini 2 out to drain a battery this evening. In my office everything looked great in the DJI app but when I walked outside all I could get was diagonal lines on the screen. It was driving me nuts because regardless of if I was in the DJI, Litchi or Maven Apps, all I had was the diagonal lines. Apparently, what ever setting you have stays within the Mini. I reset to Auto and everything was fine for my short jaunt around the block. Live and learn.

The diagonal lines are the overexposure warning stripes. You can turn them off in the app, I'm sure the setting probably stays with the drone regardless of which app you're using.

Those lines are overexposure warning. Go to DJI Fly camera settings and turn them off.
Then even in Manual mode it will not show up, even if the image is overexposed.

@Gunman45 You mention that the setting you set in Litchi remained with the AC even when flying using other apps. Yes, some settings do stay with the AC. That could be a real problem if the setting option is only in the the app you set it with and may not be available to reset back in another app.

I ran into that problem a few years ago while using DJI Fly, that my Mini was misbehaving and almost crashed. I couldn't figure out the problem. Turned out that during my previous flight (the week before) was with Litchi and I had turned off the bottom sensors (and a few other settings)but they that were only available in Litchi. Took me a while to realize that I had to exit FLY and go into Litchi to reset them. Lesson learned, reset to normal before exiting because next week you won't remember.

On that point, in DJI Fly, I often set on Loss Of Signal to "Hover" rather than "RTH" as I am flying around under trees. I try to remember to reset to RTH before shutting down. Wish that the "Loss of Signal" option was more easily accessible rather than having to search for it.

@Gunman45 You mention that the setting you set in Litchi remained with the AC even when flying using other apps. Yes, some settings do stay with the AC. That could be a real problem if the setting option is only in the the app you set it with and may not be available to reset back in another app.

I ran into that problem a few years ago while using DJI Fly, that my Mini was misbehaving and almost crashed. I couldn't figure out the problem. Turned out that during my previous flight (the week before) was with Litchi and I had turned off the bottom sensors (and a few other settings)but they that were only available in Litchi. Took me a while to realize that I had to exit FLY and go into Litchi to reset them. Lesson learned, reset to normal before exiting because next week you won't remember.

On that point, in DJI Fly, I often set on Loss Of Signal to "Hover" rather than "RTH" as I am flying around under trees. I try to remember to reset to RTH before shutting down. Wish that the "Loss of Signal" option was more easily accessible rather than having to search for it.
Would be nice if they had a bookmark of either preprogramed options or of most common accessed settings. Then, just open the bookmark for you latest settings or options

Reactions: EyesWideShut

Yeah, now I'm resetting everything before I exit the program....live and learn

Reactions: EyesWideShut
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS