DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I LOST MY DRONE ! ?

The OD sensors will not work in ATTI mode ... and that damage is possible, try it yourself, walk/run face first into a solid rock wall with ... let's say 3m/s (light wind speed) ... it will hurt really bad.
what about the damages, should i consider asking for the spare parts for reparation (is it worth ?) ?

Is it useful to sent the flight log to DJI for analysis ?

what about the damages, should i consider asking for the spare parts for reparation (is it worth ?) ?

Is it useful to sent the flight log to DJI for analysis ?
If you don't have DJI care refresh or are outside the warranty period, you can certainly source arms, motors & externals ... but who knows what damage the internals have suffered. If you think about a DIY fix it might turn out to be like pouring money into a black hole.

Contact DJI... yeah, it can be a good idea if the incident location didn't gave a reason for the GPS to stop working & your AC is within the warranty period. In that case you just need to sync your logs to the DJI cloud service through the FLY app & then send them the drone (which will give them access to the AC internal DAT log).

Start out contacting them here by putting up a repair request --> DJI

Reactions: RobertR
Shame that DJI haven't coded in the use of the position sensors- when low enough - to allow a vertical descent in the ATTI/loss of signal scenario-is that too hard to achieve?

Shame that DJI haven't coded in the use of the position sensors- when low enough - to allow a vertical descent in the ATTI/loss of signal scenario-is that too hard to achieve?
It's there. If it's in ATTI it's that no valid data is available for those.

That was a hard crash. Sorry and I hope you can get another one.

I don't understand the non- valid data once in ATTI mode. When the drone has descended low enough for the sensors to get a signal from the ground, why can't this be used to stop drift? My Mini flies indoors perfectly well without GPS using only the downwards positioning sensor

When the drone has descended low enough for the sensors to get a signal from the ground, why can't this be used to stop drift?
What makes you so sure it doesn't?
The drone is programmed to do just that.
And it will as long as there is sufficient lighting and the ground has a surface that's suitable for VPS to work.

See post #23

But not in the case of the OP's drone! As you say, maybe the surface texture prevented DPS from arresting the horizontal movement - if you get my drift...

But not in the case of the OP's drone! As you say, maybe the surface texture prevented DPS from arresting the horizontal movement - if you get my drift...
No, I don't get your drift
Post #23 was explaining what the OP's flight data showed.

Everyone that fly should be using AirData but it is not. WHY?
I guess the people who aren't using it probably just don't want one more thing to do. I know I wouldn't. But, I love it enough to have a small paid plan that lets me monitor the batteries. Now it's part of my routine. It's also great for analyzing what wind I had, or even looking at a detailed view of the status alerts. I do go back and take a look at every flight of the day and check for things that aren't quite right. It's pretty amazing how many miles and flight hours I've put on my drones after a year.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike