DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I Made A Jump to Air2S

CorralesDan

Reactions
As much as I love my Mini 2, I decided to make the jump to the Air2S for a couple of reasons. I wanted the increased video and photo resolution. I like the idea of a slightly larger drone with more power to deal with our New Mexico breezes. And, Amazon Prime makes it easy because of the ability to buy it and pay for it over 18 months with no interest. That works out to a little over $70/month.

I plan to connect it to my Smart Controller that I use with the Mini 2. And, I'm sure there will be times when the smaller size of the Mini 2 will make it the drone to go to, especially if I'm traveling.

I'll get the Air2S next Monday. If anyone has any knowledge or experience staring new with the Air2S I would love to receive it.

Its such a fantastic Drone, but your going to miss the 2x Picture Zoom in the Mini 2. I haven never had any issue with the SC and the Air 2S. The SC is a little tedious to works with when switching drones back and fourth between drones..

The only advice I have for you is to switch the Transmission to Smooth from HD to get a much better signal if you have not done so already.

Be sure your up to date on the SC , and prepare to be amazed and Enjoy.
Welcome to the Air 2S family.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly the Air 2s in the Rain, Dessert and Mars.

As always when you get a new drone:
  • Set Return-To-Home height accordingly
  • Make sure your Failsafe / Signal Loss Action is set to RTH
  • Enable Airsense in Advanced Safety Settings (Air 2S SPECIFIC)
  • Calibrate Compass & IMU
  • Get into the air and test it out!
Hope you're gonna love it :)
It's a really good drone!

Its such a fantastic Drone, but your going to miss the 2x Picture Zoom in the Mini 2. I haven never had any issue with the SC and the Air 2S. The SC is a little tedious to works with when switching drones back and fourth between drones..

The only advice I have for you is to switch the Transmission to Smooth from HD to get a much better signal if you have not done so already.

Be sure your up to date on the SC , and prepare to be amazed and Enjoy.
Welcome to the Air 2S family.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly the Air 2s in the Rain, Dessert and Mars.
Thanks for the recommendations. I never used the zoom on the Mini 2. If I wanted a zoom I would do it in post. I'll definitely try the recommendation for Smooth vs. HD.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
As always when you get a new drone:
  • Set Return-To-Home height accordingly
  • Make sure your Failsafe / Signal Loss Action is set to RTH
  • Enable Airsense in Advanced Safety Settings (Air 2S SPECIFIC)
  • Calibrate Compass & IMU
  • Get into the air and test it out!
Hope you're gonna love it :)
It's a really good drone!

A couple of suggested items to add:
  • Check the CSC control setting to be sure it's where you want it, probably Emergency Only.
  • Confirm the APAS obstacle avoidance setting is what you want
The Air 2S is larger and heavier, so use some caution in the initial flights. I don't have the URLS, but there are a couple of good Youtube videos titled something like "25 best features of the Air 2S" that were helpful to me. This will turn up a few:

Have fun.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929