DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I missed registration window of Mini2 by 24 hours...

NormNess

Reactions
I wanted to buy the "REFRESH warranty" but I missed the 48 hour window...DJI says I can still get it if I can prove it still works bu using a special process that appears quite complex...has anyone done this?

First of all, I'm a lot dumber than I look!
Secondly, these are the instructions DJI sent...

Video Verification Standards
English version
Before shooting the live screen capture, please pay attention to the instructions below:

• - Before recording the live screen capture, please make sure the aircraft, remote controller, and mobile device are connected.
  • - Please record the video in an environment where the GPS signal is strong.
  • - DO NOT edit your video.
  • - Two kinds of verification video sample: DJI Go 4, DJI Fly Video Verification Process
    When recording the aircraft verification video, please record the following content in order.
    Step 1: Show the flight controller’s serial number
1. Power on the aircraft and connect to it, open screen recording, launch DJI GO 4(DJI Fly), and then tap “GO FLY”. Enter the general settings interface by tapping the icon on the top right of the screen, and tap “About” to show the flight controller’s serial number.
Step 2: show the gimbal performance
2. Go to the gimbal setting menu, then start the gimbal auto calibration. After the calibration is completed, toggle the gimbal dial on the remote controller to make sure the gimbal can move upward and downward.
Step 3: check the flight status

1. Go back to the camera view and tap the flight status bar on the top left of the screen to enter the aircraft status list. Slowly scroll down the page to the bottom, to confirm there are no error reports. (For DJI DO 4)
  2. Go back to the camera view and tap the flight status bar on the top left of the screen to enter the aircraft status list, confirm there are no error reports. (For DJI Fly)
Step 4: show the camera view
  1. Go back to the camera view and stay at least 3 seconds, confirm that the GPS signal, remote controller signal, and the video transmission signal are normal.
  2. Stop recording.

Reactions: Dronut
You need to record your phone's screen while you go through all the steps on the app. That way they can verify that the drone is picking up GPS signals, the gimbal is operating properly, the serial numbers of the drone and controller, there's no error messages, etc. You can usually start screen recording by sliding your finger down the screen on your home screen and selecting the screen record icon. Then open your DJI Fly app and follow the instructions.

Reactions: Crash and Burn
I wanted to buy the "REFRESH warranty" but I missed the 48 hour window...DJI says I can still get it if I can prove it still works bu using a special process that appears quite complex...has anyone done this?
Buy private insurance. Probably way cheaper and less hassles. Here in US, State Farm is one company that does sell it. Not sure about Canada.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost