DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I missed the logic of exposure bracketing in manual mode

offtheback

Reactions
I was shooting the eclipse and wanted to get some underexposure not possible in aperture preferred(limit =-3).I set the exposure I desired and used AEB but apparently it doesn't function in manual.Got 5 shots with identical exposure.Is there a way around this or is the way it works?

I have the mini and find easiest way is to tap the screen on various light levels to do normally 3 exposures. For instance doing a sunrise i might tap forground, click, tap river, click ,tap sky, click.
It has the added advantage of selecting focus as well as exposure. AEB on the drones has typically only given 0.7 between shots which is not enough for for something with such a wide dynamic range as your eclipse.

I have the mini and find easiest way is to tap the screen on various light levels to do normally 3 exposures. For instance doing a sunrise i might tap forground, click, tap river, click ,tap sky, click.
It has the added advantage of selecting focus as well as exposure. AEB on the drones has typically only given 0.7 between shots which is not enough for for something with such a wide dynamic range as your eclipse.
Good idea!!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143