DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I need a new Drone

Rural Rider

Reactions
Just joined up. I am at Alberta Canada and the weather here is pretty cold lately.
I have a Phantom 4 and I am looking to upgrade to a new machine. The Mavic 2 is what I had in mind.
Photography is my main goal with best offering of collision avoidance possible.
I hope to glean some tips here before I buy. Looking for suggestions.

Last edited:
Just joined up. I am at Alberta Canada and the weather here is pretty cold lately.
I have a Phantom 4 and I am looking to upgrade to a new machine. The Mavic 2 is what I had in mind.
Photography is my mail goal with best offering of collision avoidance possible.
You can't go wrong with Mavic 2 Pro for the ultimate photography package. For a value drone the Mavic Air 2 is the way.... you won't be disappointed with the photos that come off that bird either but it has a smaller camera sensor so the low light photography will have more noise.... daytime you would be hard pressed to see a difference.

Both of these models have decent avoidance built in but you still have to be careful around the tress because there are blind spots using either one. Both have great range.

Finally, I am not familiar with Canadian laws concerning drones but I understand they have recently tightened them up so make sure you can fly the drone you purchase without restrictions before you buy. Hopefully one of our members from your country can chime in with their thoughts.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Hi, definitely recommend the Mavic Air 2. Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 and Mavic 2 Pro are the best for photography and collision avoidance. Depending on your budget, maybe even the Inspire.

Welcome! you've inspired me to pen some words to Huey Lewis and the News song, "i need a new drug." Thanks!

Well, none of my birds can fly to Onoway from Edmonton, but it's close enough to call you a neighbour :)!
... I'm an avid landscape photographer and hobbyist, flying Mavic 2 Pro and Inspire 2 with X5S camera. Inspire 2 is definitely the best for aerial photography in $5K+ price range, but it may be a overkill for what you're after. You can't go wrong with Mavic 2 Pro indeed, which may surpass the Inspire 2 in many aspects. The main advantage of Inspire is the ability to use different camera optics, but for general landscape photography Mavic's lens is just fine. You may find some good examples of advanced Mavic's photography here Landscapes.

Welcome to the Club!

Welcome to the forum! :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3