DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I need help troubleshooting my drone. It's basically useless to me. I don't know f i

Elliott945

Reactions
Hi. I recently purchased a DJI mavic air 2 and it's been a headache from the start.
I got the fly more combo, as well as an external SD card (the sandisk one which is supposed to be the good one)

Basically, since I've purchased the drone, I can get three or four photos before it will freeze--forcing me to return to home in order to correct.
Other issues I've had.

A constant checkered pink screen in video. (a work around sometimes I can start the drone in video, then it will be fine)
Panoramic doesn't work at all. gets to about 11-27% then freezes every time. Again. Forcing me to land.
Constant loss of transmission, even from about five feet away.
Once the app or drone freezes, I have to land and restart it every time. which involves closing the app, drone, and remote.
What I have done to correct is update my software and firmware.
I have bought a range extender.
I bought an adjuster to use my ipad pro on it, thinking it may be lack of CPU power in my phone.
And it's still not functioning as proper.

Also, I'm constantly sitting at around -110 to -90 in Mhz for both signals . . .perhaps that is something to do with it?

I've attached a photo for what i'm getting. . . .

1630352673448.png

Reactions: Steel63
Have you tried using the 8gb internal storage instead of the the MicroSD card to test if the card is the problem?

Can you post a picture of the MicroSD Card?
Yes I did do that today. Got two panormas, before I ended up with same issues all as above.

that pink screen is also with SD card unplugged.

This is the SD card.

1630354612166.png

Yes I did do that today. Got two panormas, before I ended up with same issues all as above.

This is the SD card.

View attachment 134285

It's not the card.

I have the same one with zero problems since 2017.

You might look into exchanging the MA2 if it's under warranty because it doesn't seem right.

Try reinstalling the app.

Sometimes it works,

Hi. I recently purchased a DJI mavic air 2 and it's been a headache from the start.
I got the fly more combo, as well as an external SD card (the sandisk one which is supposed to be the good one)

Basically, since I've purchased the drone, I can get three or four photos before it will freeze--forcing me to return to home in order to correct.
Other issues I've had.

A constant checkered pink screen in video. (a work around sometimes I can start the drone in video, then it will be fine)
Panoramic doesn't work at all. gets to about 11-27% then freezes every time. Again. Forcing me to land.
Constant loss of transmission, even from about five feet away.
Once the app or drone freezes, I have to land and restart it every time. which involves closing the app, drone, and remote.
What I have done to correct is update my software and firmware.
I have bought a range extender.
I bought an adjuster to use my ipad pro on it, thinking it may be lack of CPU power in my phone.
And it's still not functioning as proper.

Also, I'm constantly sitting at around -110 to -90 in Mhz for both signals . . .perhaps that is something to do with it?

I've attached a photo for what i'm getting. . . .

View attachment 134281
Yea I’m also thinking you should return it for a new one. Shouldn’t be doing that.

Mine had a faulty cooling fan that would only engage randomly on power up. I would get a "Processor overload" error message and it wouldn't start up. Sent it back within a day and a half of reciept, and it's replacement should arrive by Thursday, at latest.

Reactions: MA2 317 and Steel63
Absolutely send it back for a replacement I've had mine since July of 2020 no issues other than the 1.4.8 so I rolled back to 1.4 .4 all is well good luck
What issues Steel? I’ve been having a few, and if they are the same, I should roll-back also. Thanks ??

I too had issues with my Mavic 2 drone since I purchased it in June. Mostly a lack of sound information . They ship without necessary information. I did not even know about the DJI assistant until I inquired about service.
With my 3rd I pad mini, the mini 5th gen worked ,even though the mini 4th gen was suppose to .... but not so much.
I finally determined that it was the USB port not the card that was defective so I put in a request for service.
This is where the company did shine.
I got a label sent to my e mail address and within 7 days of shipping it to service I had a New unit that works well.
I do miss the wrap and decals I had on my original .......... who's idea was light gray anyhow.
Overall the Air 2 met all the requirements that convinced me to get into the hobby .......... Already passed my 107 and earning income as it pays for itself.

This is the SD card.

View attachment 134285
Before you return it, if you have another SD card, I'd try it.
I use the same SD card in my M2 Pro, but with anything, you could have a bad one.
Have you tried to format it?
If it formats in the drone, try formatting it in your computer, then install it in the drone.
If you've already tried formatting, I'd try another SD card, just to rule it out completely.
In fact, when I returned my M2 Pro for issues, they wanted the SD card, for testing.

Reactions: 1TenaciousG
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb