DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I NEED HELP!!!

LouisJ

Reactions
I need help!!! I am trying to fly my Mavic inside of a warehouse for work, but the warehouse is next to the airport (restricted area). Is there any work around for this?

I need help!!! I am trying to fly my Mavic inside of a warehouse for work, but the warehouse is next to the airport (restricted area). Is there any work around for this?
I was under the impression that the FAA rules dont apply indoors. However, you should have your Part 107 to be legal if its for work.

Hey, I was under the same impression in regards to it being indoors. However, when I turn the drone on and connect to the control it gives me a message stating that I am unable to operate in the area. Thought there might have been a way to disable that or someting. In regards to the work aspect, It is not paid/contracted work. Just using it to shoot some video for an in house competition that we are doing.

Hey, I was under the same impression in regards to it being indoors. However, when I turn the drone on and connect to the control it gives me a message stating that I am unable to operate in the area. Thought there might have been a way to disable that or someting. In regards to the work aspect, It is not paid/contracted work. Just using it to shoot some video for an in house competition that we are doing.

Indoor flight is not regulated by the FAA, but the DJI firmware doesn't know that you are indoors. If you are actually in a restricted (red) area in the DJI geo system then you have two options:
  1. Apply to DJI for a custom unlock - should be straightforward if you are only flying indoors;
  2. Disable the GPS reception, for example using aluminum foil over the antenna.

You could simply apply to the airport; can't imagine them not granting you permission for an indoor flight.

No permission is needed from the airport, and that won't help get the aircraft started because it's a firmware restriction. Only DJI can fix that.

Private Reynolds ( as in Reynolds Wrap) can save the day. Just cover the rear portion of the AC above the status light and you should be good to go. Atti mode, or better, go into tripod mode as long as you have good lighting inside the building and good "contrasty" floors (for the vision system)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54