DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I need some help ASAP!!!

McGouf

Reactions
I am looking at purchasing a drone to tag along on my wife's photoshoots. I mostly just want to get some cool shots of the locations from up above and maybe some video of her taking pictures down on the ground. I have found someone selling a used Inspire 1 v2 in amazing condition! It has tons of accessories including 6 batteries, x3 camera and x5 w/ lens. I talked him down to $1300 for everything. I have also been looking at the mavic air 2 and found another person selling a pre-owned fly more combo for $800. What does everything think would be best for what I will use it for? Please no snarky comments.

That is what I am leaning toward, but my father in law who fly's his drone for work everyday keeps telling me to go with the inspire. The thing is massive though. $1300usd does seem like a good deal though.
its a great drone but yes big, and out dated really. If you just want to tag along with the wife the air2 or air2s is small easy fit in a backpack. Takes great pics and your gona want more than one battery just trust me.

its a great drone but yes big, and out dated really. If you just want to tag along with the wife the air2 or air2s is small easy fit in a backpack. Takes great pics and your gona want more than one battery just trust me.
I plan on getting many batteries eventually. I got the approval for $1300 from the wife so I could do anything in that range.

I have found someone selling a used Inspire 1 v2 in amazing condition! It has tons of accessories including 6 batteries, x3 camera and x5 w/ lens. I talked him down to $1300 for everything
Keep looking.
You don't want to buy into that for your first drone.
Apart from being something of a dinosaur, it's huge and heavy, a real bear to transport.
It has a very short flight time and you can't get batteries for it.

got the approval for $1300 from the wife so I could do anything in that range.
That budget is way too small for an Inspire. Just a decent Inspire case could cost $500+.

For the purpose you mentioned, an Air 2S would likely be a much better fit. A Mavic Air 2 would be just as fine as well if you'd like to save a bit.

That budget is way too small for an Inspire. Just a decent Inspire case could cost $500+.

For the purpose you mentioned, an Air 2S would likely be a much better fit. A Mavic Air 2 would be just as fine as well if you'd like to save a bit.
Totally understand the budget concern. $1300 was the cost for a pre-owned inspire. I know that I would have to put more money towards in the long run. Here is a list of what was included though just so you can see.

• (1) X3 camera
  • (1) X5 gimbal & camera, including lens
  • Both cameras have additional filters, including UV.
  • (1) set of 4 props
  • (2) pairs of spare props
  • (1) 4 Station Charger. Will charge 4 batteries and controller
  • (1) Set of (4) rubber shock absorbers with key
  • (6) TB48 batteries
  • ((1) USB to Apple cable
  • (1) Antenna Range Extenders
  • (1) Hard Case

Are you sure that Inspire deal is even legit? $1,300 would normally be enough to buy just a refurbished X5 camera (with no lens).

Are you sure that Inspire deal is even legit? $1,300 would normally be enough to buy just a refurbished X5 camera (with no lens).
100%. I had a time and place setup for tomorrow to meet but I just backed out. He was originally asking $1500 and I got him down to $1300. There is another in the area for $1400 but only with the X3.

Check out this link.

100%. I had a time and place setup for tomorrow to meet but I just backed out. He was originally asking $1500 and I got him down to $1300. There is another in the area for $1400 but only with the X3.

Check out this link.
Sounds like you are hooked on the idea of an old Inspire.
Do yourself a favour and go and see one.
See how big the case is and how much space it takes up in your car.
See how quick and simple it is to set up and fly.
Shop around to find out what battery availability is.
Look up the specs to see what the nominal flight time is (actual will be quite a bit less).
And understand that the klunky, old X3 camera is nothing to get excited about.

And for a contrast, have a look at an easily portable modern drone.

I am looking at purchasing a drone to tag along on my wife's photoshoots. I mostly just want to get some cool shots of the locations from up above and maybe some video of her taking pictures down on the ground. I have found someone selling a used Inspire 1 v2 in amazing condition! It has tons of accessories including 6 batteries, x3 camera and x5 w/ lens. I talked him down to $1300 for everything. I have also been looking at the mavic air 2 and found another person selling a pre-owned fly more combo for $800. What does everything think would be best for what I will use it for? Please no snarky comments.
Not being snarky but what you’ve read here look in one of our other forums DJI Inspire Drone Forum.

Thank you all for your input. I just placed an order for the Air 2S fly more combo. Glad I found this site and hope to speak to you all again soon.
I am familiar with the Insipire and own the Air 2S..... you are making the right decision. The short range, greater noise and danger to persons and property, the expense of batteries and maintainance are all reasons not to buy an Inspire. It really is an outdated platform. Even on a professional level in video and photography, the future will be smaller drones.

The Air 2S has an amazing 20mp camera and there is a comparison video or two on Youtube that shows how it holds up to the Inspire X5 camera in every way.

Air 2S is small, quiet, affordable, and has DJI's best video transmission system.

Make sure if you are going to use a drone in a professional setting that you have the right insurance.... your wife may be able to add it to her commercial policy. You wan't it to be insured for damages to others and for replacement.

Reactions: Howard70
While the Inspire is a workhorse, if you would have gone with it you probably would have found that by the time you got it unloaded, unpacked, assembled, powered up and in the air, your wife would have been ready to move on to the next location. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kcb2627