DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I own 2 mavic mini. Can I use the same app on my phone for both

Yes. One at a time or both with 2 pilots. Same app on both. Can even switch remotes by relinking.
Assume you only have 1 device for both. Easy switch.
Enjoy

If you use the one phone for both, give each drone a different name, the flight records of each may then be separated in your profile's flight records. E.g. joebloggs#1 and JoeBloggs#2.
The question arises because it is likely that the app will first see each with the default name, I am not sure if it continues to recognise a given drone as having the name that it (the app) first encountered

Edit, I have two phones that I use for the fly app. The first phone/fly app I used encountered my mini when my mini had the default name and it puts all the flight records under that name and continues to do so even with flights that have been recorded since teh min was renamed. The second phone/fly app first encountered my mini with its new name and stores all the flight records under that new name.
I also note that attached to the names used by the app is the serial number of the flight controller in the drone.
Going back to my Phantom 3s, each was first encountered by the go app using the names given to the drone by the previous owner and, in the go app's profile flight records, separates them according to their 'original' name.
However it would interesting if your fly app separates yours, with the same default name, using the flight controller's serial number, I think it would make more sense for it to do that rather than via something as ephemeral as a name.

Last edited by a moderator:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS