DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I passed my part 107 exam!!!

black_magic100

Reactions
I wanted to thank everybody for helping me out and in return I thought I would help by saying how I studied...

-I watched Tony Northrup's free part 107 test prep video twice
-I reviewed his study guide right before walking into the exam
-I watched 3 DRs 2hr long practice exam twice
-I purchased and used the $5remote pilot app
-I also studied a few other things, but honestly that didn't matter much.

I received a 92%.

Three questions that I remembered getting wrong were... (going off memory so forgive me)
1. When asked to present your FAA license who must you present it to..
A. Person of authority (option I chose)
B. FAA inspector (I think this is the right one?)
C. Some other BS answer

2. When an aircraft weighs 45 lbs and takes a 45 degree turn what load must it be able to support. **The chart used a multiple of 1.414 which ends up being 63.6 or somewhere around there. **
A.90 lbs (I chose this option because I thought it was a trick question. The load needed to support was over 63 lbs so I'm a bit confused as to how 63 lbs is the answer... Still salty about this one)
B. 63 lbs (correct answer?)
C. 50 lbs

3. Something about what the cloud cover is considered in aviation purposes. Honestly wasn't sure on this one.. All the answers were very similar, but I just didn't know it.

Hopefully this helps some people. My test was all over the place. I had a decent amount of everything, but honestly I could have passed this test just by watching Tony's video, but all in all I learned a lot about the FAA and I now at the very least have a tremendous amount of respect for them!

Perhaps it is time I get myself one of these bad boys.. myriann drone safety reflective vest with commercial drone pilot please do not 3 714973276552 | eBay

CHEERS!
Dylan

I wanted to thank everybody for helping me out and in return I thought I would help by saying how I studied...

I received a 92%.

Three questions that I remembered getting wrong were... (going off memory so forgive me)
C. Some other BS answer

2. When an aircraft weighs 45 lbs and takes a 45 degree turn what load must it be able to support. **The chart used a multiple of 1.414 which ends up being 63.6 or somewhere around there. **
A.90 lbs (I chose this option because I thought it was a trick question. The load needed to support was over 63 lbs so I'm a bit confused as to how 63 lbs is the answer... Still salty about this one)
C. 50 lbs

3. Something about what the cloud cover is considered in aviation purposes. Honestly wasn't sure on this one.. All the answers were very similar, but I just didn't know it.

Hopefully this helps some people. My test was all over the place. I had a decent amount of everything, but honestly I could have passed this test just by watching Tony's video, but all in all I learned a lot about the FAA and I now at the very least have a tremendous amount of respect for them!

Perhaps it is time I get myself one of these bad boys.. myriann drone safety reflective vest with commercial drone pilot please do not 3 714973276552 | eBay

CHEERS!
Dylan
Congratulations @black_magic100 . Way to go!

Reactions: black_magic100
Ahaaaa Dylan wasn't you just the one worried about taking that ?

I received a 92%.

C. Some other BS answer

C. 50 lbs

CHEERS!
Dylan
To anyone who has their part 107. It is okay to wait until Friday before doing anything further? The proctor told me to call her Friday and she will walk me through the process. Just want to make sure I don't miss anything and have to retake the test. I understand their is a limited time window of when you have to register.

I received a 92%.

C. Some other BS answer

C. 50 lbs

CHEERS!
Dylan

Congrats! I've been considering doing it myself. Thanks for the list of resources you used!

Congrats!! I am trying and preparing more resources, and I hope I can be the best one to pass the test.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys