DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I-phone shutdown.

birdie-11

Reactions
Today my iphone 8 shut down midflight. it had about 85% on phone. I turned phone back on and got drone home. It gave notice it shut down because battery was unable to deliver the nessessary peak power. Then it said performance management has been applied to help prevent this from happening again. Anyone else have this happen DJI GO4 app on mavic pro

I’ve had mine shut down because the battery got too cold. But it’s not a problem as the controller can still maintain control. If you maintain VLOS, you can just fly back and land.

Reactions: Cobber
I am not using a DJI GO4 but the same thing happened on the Fly App and using an iPhone.

Apparently, the iPhone overheated and the screen just froze.

However, I had VLOS and was able to fly the drone safely back to home. You can still initiate automatic RTH also but in this case, I did a manual return to home.

In an unnerving, yet funny way, the drone was in front of me yet the screen showed it was 80m high and showing the fine landscape.

Yep, the problem is the phone. My solution: change the phone ?

Reactions: Thomas B
I’ve had iPhones shut down playing golf when they overheated. It would be very scary during a flight.

Mine just went from100% to 0 last night while doing the firmware update. It’s getting long in the tooth but other than issues with the Fly App and the battery, it works fine. This is a screen shot of my battery health. You can see the drop when I tried the firmware update.

Attachments

• 48051977-5838-4DCD-900F-049378CC9402.png
    48051977-5838-4DCD-900F-049378CC9402.png
    626 KB · Views: 5
Heat can really play havoc with an Iphone when it's under a load and the Go4 app does that.

Temperatures are the worst with devices today, lithium ion battery cells in modern smartphones and tablets are so thin that using them for really any period of time outside of the recommend operating temperature will lead to devices shutting off. The first time it happened to me while I was flying it was maybe -15-20C outside with a nasty windchill and the iPad that I'd charged right before a survey flight shut off after only a few minutes, I've had the same thing happen on 30C days in the sunlight.

I get so neurotic with trying to keep my controller out of direct sunlight/winter winds now while I'm flying.

Yeah, it's a hell of a way to learn that the mobile device isn't necessary to fly the drone.

Or to continue a waypoint mission provided it's not a virtual stick app.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa