DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I purchased 2 MPPs should I have purchased 2 different drones?

saboken

Reactions
I’m wondering if I made the right decision to get 2 MPPs or should I have gotten 1 MPP and a Spark or one of The mavics big brothers? They all have different personalities! My reasoning to get 2 MPPs was backup of something I will be familiar with if one malfunctions or ? Who knows anything can happen?

If you had been hooked when the earlier DJI models were out, you might own a Phantom Version.

I have my first DJI Phantom 3 4K as my back-up. I have something with similar camera abilities, just as my P3 4K provides.

Your thinking is very sound. A mechanic, race car driver, even pilots have back-ups if it involves your money making livelihood.

I've got a MP, MPP, P4P and a Spark. The spark is the least used it's been shelved

I use the MP's all the time take both out as they are so compact.

The P4P is to cumbersome and big, doesn't have the flexibility of the Mavic's

So your probably right in getting 2 Mpp's , although I might have a got a cheaper second hand MP as a back up.

The problem I have at the moment is that I have converted all the controllers to the Titan antenna system, so I also need to carry the amplified panels around as well , there is 2 of those, 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz

If you had been hooked when the earlier DJI models were out, you might own a Phantom Version.

I have my first DJI Phantom 3 4K as my back-up. I have something with similar camera abilities, just as my P3 4K provides.

Your thinking is very sound. A mechanic, race car driver, even pilots have back-ups if it involves your money making livelihood.

I was considering a MPP and a P4 but was afraid to get 2 different drones my thinking was I would put them at a higher risk of a mistake on my part because they handled differently kind of like switching between a PS4 and a Xbox one even though I was doing basically the same thing they have different controllers and work a bit different from each other.

IMO the Mavic and Phantom 4 would be a good combo to have. I personally own all of the DJI platforms. Take the Spark off your list of options

Reactions: beinhart and breid
I've got a MP, MPP, P4P and a Spark. The spark is the least used it's been shelved

I use the MP's all the time take both out as they are so compact.

The P4P is to cumbersome and big, doesn't have the flexibility of the Mavic's

So your probably right in getting 2 Mpp's , although I might have a got a cheaper second hand MP as a back up.

The problem I have at the moment is that I have converted all the controllers to the Titan antenna system, so I also need to carry the amplified panels around as well , there is 2 of those, 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz

My backup MPP hasn’t be registered yet I don’t want to until I need it DJIs insurance says you have 48 hours from the first activation to get the Care plan! So I’m hoping if I wait say 6 months and need it because I crashed the first one I can then start the dji care on the backup when I need it so the 1 year doesn’t actually start till I first use it? I hope! I didn’t see any other fine print saying otherwise.

Reactions: Johnnyaibo
DJI Care starts once the device is activated, so you are correct.

I have to worry about storage space since I live in a 32’ RV full time not much room for toys lol

Ok I saw the spark in a best buy and it was tiny I didn’t think it could handle wind very well
Its not just wind that's an issue with the Spark...it's the entire WIFI tech that it uses that sucks.

My backup MPP hasn’t be registered yet I don’t want to until I need it DJIs insurance says you have 48 hours from the first activation to get the Care plan! So I’m hoping if I wait say 6 months and need it because I crashed the first one I can then start the dji care on the backup when I need it so the 1 year doesn’t actually start till I first use it? I hope! I didn’t see any other fine print saying otherwise.

I guess that would work, but in 6mths to a year there might be another super drone released, which would render your unused MPP and my AC's obsolescent. There seems to be an opportunity cost of buying something and not using it, why not just buy it when you need it.

I'm planning to go back to only the 2 drones, the MP as the workhorse for drone fishing and the MPP for scenic flights

Reactions: Mxs and beinhart
DJI Care starts once the device is activated, so you are correct.

Im Using the RC from the backup because the first one had a broken antenna out of the box! Dji is replaceing it and it should be here later today? I hope using the second controller doesn’t affect the care plan later? The drone itself hasn’t been turned on yet! I just grabbed the RC and battery so I have 3 batteries for MPP 1.

I guess that would work, but in 6mths to a year there might be another super drone released, which would render your unused MPP and my AC's obsolescent. There seems to be an opportunity cost of buying something and not using it, why not just buy it when you need it.

I'm planning to go back to only the 2 drones, the MP as the workhorse for drone fishing and the MPP for scenic flights

Yea but my thinking is have 2 on hand so if one dies I don’t have to wait for another to ship! It’s already there waiting

Yea but my thinking is have 2 on hand so if one dies I don’t have to wait for another to ship! It’s already there waiting
LOL...that's not putting much faith in the Mavic. Besides, if one were to die the Mavics are readily available almost everywhere for purchase.

LOL...that's not putting much faith in the Mavic. Besides, if one were to die the Mavics are readily available almost everywhere for purchase.

Not where I live they aren’t! I can’t get a lot of things without driving 50miles or waiting for amazon we don’t all live in city’s

Not where I live they aren’t! I can’t get a lot of things without driving 50miles or waiting for amazon we don’t all live in city’s
Oh you're "off the grid" ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007