DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I put the LumeCube Anti-Collision Strobe on this.

silverdragon

Reactions
So I can place it on the Zoom or Pro, the plus is the battery get extra protection from accidently falling off the drone...of coarse I took out the screw....1563229067164_15632179975836491039565828736726.png

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Make sure I have this right. You’re using what is pictured in post number one for battery protection?

Make sure I have this right. You’re using what is pictured in post number one for battery protection?
Yes, I bought 1 lumecube strobe. I took the screw out of the pgytech Accessorie pictures in post one and attached the strobe on it so I can swap using the strobe between the Mavic Zoom and Pro. Simple fix, so i can utilize one strobe. The battery protection is just an added benefit.

Last edited:
I take the entire unit off and swap between the Zoom and Pro.. just one LumeCube strobe in hand..

Attachments

• 20190716_061453~2.jpg
    20190716_061453~2.jpg
    446.6 KB · Views: 345
I like this approach! A much cleaner install than sticking the strobe’s pad directly to the Mavic’s body.

I did the same thing :)

I also use a clip to hold a couple of my MP side strobes. But the clip I'm using probably does not hold the battery in the way it's designed.

IMP clip.JPG

I take the entire unit off and swap between the Zoom and Pro.. just one LumeCube strobe in hand..
Cool idea! Although I'm guessing you don't use the strobe to help with daytime visibility, correct? I say that since it appears the strobe would not be very visible from the ground. Do you find that to be the case?

Matter of fact, I use the white strobe day and night. I dont like the red or green colored lens because the red isn't a red that one would think. It's a weird red like the green and the 2 colors kill the intensity of the strobes brightness. That's what I'm experiencing with my strobe set.

I have a hard time imagining this being very functional. Your strobe is pointing straight up, so if your Mavic is at say 400 feet up, I wouldn't think your strobe would be visible at all, or just barely so.
I would think that having it on the bottom would be much more visible since you are ALWAYS looking at the bottom of the drone while it is in the air regardless of altitude.
Just my 2 cents worth :)

The use of strobes is primarily to let other fliers know of your location. Secondary is to aid the drone pilot of visual position.

I love the ideal of the removable light jacket.

About to figure out my setup for my M2Z with
Lume cubes x2 w mount
New lume cube strobe
3 firehousetech ARC 2
2 extra lumecubes for whatever

Yes, a little overkill but I fly in the critical area of an airport so I want my **** visible by the next county over.

No excuse for safety as a retired Air Traffic Controller

Reactions: Thomas B
I agree, the aircraft in my flying area depart and arrive from 200-300 AGL. If climbing they are more like 150 climbing.
2 airports about 1.3 miles away. I would never suggest this type of area to anyone not completely familiar with the area. The only reason I fly In it is because I am familiar with the local radar approaches and held a CTO for the tower. But I am always keeping my head on a swivel.

Sometimes I just do not go airborne because the risk is to great.

Some people get things like this and others well you know, just do not.

I have a hard time imagining this being very functional. Your strobe is pointing straight up, so if your Mavic is at say 400 feet up, I wouldn't think your strobe would be visible at all, or just barely so.

Yes. With the regular LumeCube, which points forward, it would be okay. The image in post #5 shows the LEDs point straight up. Care to clarify how this works?

On the other hand, if this doesn't interfere with GPS (post #17), this could be handy for the regular LumeCube (especially for night halos), so I would be interested in your reply to post #18.

Chris

I would think that having it on the bottom would be much more visible since you are ALWAYS looking at the bottom of the drone while it is in the air regardless of altitude.
Just my 2 cents worth :)

I own the Mavic 2 Zoom. It comes with lights underneath.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60