DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I read a bit in Google about Anti-Flicker, when should I use it?

silverdragon

Reactions
Should I keep it in AUTO?, 50, 60.... OFF? Could the Pros give me thier view on the Anti Flicker choices?

Are you doing flights with artificial lighting? I am not an expert! But those settings seem to be designed for artificial lighting. 50hz overseas, 60hz usa would be the setting of the lights.

this probably didnt help you at all. so sorry!

I have always just used auto as I do about everything that has that setting other than expos.Not a pro and has been good enough for me.

From the DJI official forum-

DJI Susan Offline
Anti Flicker is a setting that you should check if you are in a room with fluorescent lights or you plan on shooting a television screen. Often when using a camera in these environments, there is a noticeable flicker in the image. This setting helps reduce flicker

Wow,, all the replies has giving me a better understanding on Anti-Flicker, dirkclod said he normally has it set to Auto... same here.... I will experiment with it also .. thanks guys....

NOW, The above question and answers are exactly what I tell NEW PILOTS that this website offers. I had a question in mind, I asked it in Google and got 100 answers +. Yes some I understood, some not... so I decided to ask the same question basically in the MavicPilots forum and received a few answers and understood them somewhat better.... New Pilots,, Google can be your friend but sometimes asking here in the forum can give you an answer in laymen terms..Dont forget to use the SEARCH function and if you get no results then start a new post and find your answer if its here....

Are you doing flights with artificial lighting? I am not an expert! But those settings seem to be designed for artificial lighting. 50hz overseas, 60hz usa would be the setting of the lights.

this probably didnt help you at all. so sorry!
Actually your reply meant a lot. Because I always knew overseas used 50hz and USA used 60 hz but I had know idea how it was involved with photographs and videos. So keeping it in Auto makes a lot of sense providing Auto works and functions properly.

If I understand it correctly, it will only affect video recordings, not still.

If I understand it correctly, it will only affect video recordings, not still.
Correct, only for video. If you video mains lighting in the UK, use 50Hz, in USA 60Hz.(yes, I know other countries have similar), that is because flickering can occur in the video due to harmonics of mains frequency. These settings are designed to filter out any potential flickering.
Stills are not affected, name gives it away.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929