DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I recently bought a reconditioned Air 2S and have no fine control over the forward flight speed.

Streamside

Reactions
I recently purchased a reconditioned Air 2S on Amazon and have unfortunately noticed that I cannot finely control the forward movement of the craft. On my Air 2 I could move forward at a snails pace if I wanted to, but with this Air 2S the minimum speed forward is at least 10 mph. Once I am going forward I can somewhat feather the speed down to perhaps 5 mph but instead of maintaining that speed the craft slows to a stop, even though I have not changed the position of the control stick.

I have the advanced gimbal parameters set the same as my Air 2, which I had a wonderful fine degree of control over.

Pitch - 11
Pitch Smoothness - 20
Yaw Speed - 29
Yaw Smoothness - 23

Am I missing a setting somewhere that will allow me to gain fine control over forward movement, or do I have a defective unit?

Postscript: I may not have calibrated the compass and the IMU between the time I received the drone a month ago and the time of my frustrating first flight. I don't know if NOT doing these calibrations would create the issue I described above. I just now performed the calibrations and will test the drone out tomorrow morning and report back.

Last edited:
Are you setting it in cine or normal? Do note that if you start up in cine, it will default to normal. You need to start in normal (or switch to it) and then set it in cine.
Took me a year to learn this, and get over the same frustration you have.

Reactions: MS Coast
the new Mini 3 is the same, regardless of what setting it is on it always starts in normal mode till you toggle the switch to the setting you want

Thanks for the replies. I have the advanced gimbal settings I shared in my original post programmed into the Normal mode so I don't actually have any need for the Cinema mode. This morning I flew the drone and it behaved much better, so I think the issue may have been from lack of calibrating the IMU and the compass. I have yet to do near-ground super fine control flying to really test the gimbal's responsiveness and hope to do that soon.

It sounds like you'll be able to adjust the speed in an update sometime in the future according to this petition. If you're looking for even more fine-tuning, there will at least soon be a way to have even more control soon!

Reactions: karlblessing
It sounds like you'll be able to adjust the speed in an update sometime in the future according to this petition. If you're looking for even more fine-tuning, there will at least soon be a way to have even more control soon!
Really looking forward to that. Seems like such a silly thing to omit that you go to the lengths of making custom little joysticks to make them more fluid.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fara