DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I skinned the frog.

H

Hidden

My drone has shed it's skin, and now is a fully mature Orange Poison Dart Frog. I painted the grey areas between the skin, and the front where the skin did not cover, painted the gear as well, not the same color, but better than black. No matter, the only one who will see my Drone in me. LOL This skin is called Solar Storm, iStyles and Decal Girl have the skin. iStyles is a few dollars cheaper than DG.

20210624_165313.jpg

Good looking job ?. Does it standout any better against the sky? Regards

Reactions: Hidden
Look forward to your report. I’ve tried everything but skinning trying to keep track of my drones in the air. I guess it’s an age thing.
Regards

Reactions: Mark R and Hidden
Look forward to your report. I’ve tried everything but skinning trying to keep track of my drones in the air. I guess it’s an age thing.
Regards
Will do! I purchased the under body landing gear this morning. One of the rear legs after folding about three times lost its stop, so it folds both ways now. I got the Tomat under body landing gear this time.
I may get a chance to fly today, but I have to cut my weeds before they get much taller, that is if the ground has dried enough.

Reactions: Gagey52
I added an orange wrap to my Air 2 and it helps, but the best addition for me was the strobes on front and rear legs. Combination of both really helps keeping track of it.

thanks for sharing!

I added an orange wrap to my Air 2 and it helps, but the best addition for me was the strobes on front and rear legs. Combination of both really helps keeping track of it.
I agree, the orange will help, but I don't think you can beat having strobes. My strobes will be here Monday and Tuesday. There will be UFO sightings by the local Alabama UFO group on Wednesday. LOL

I wrapped my other drone Air2S with the the Bkack wood grain pattern. I will send photos when I get home.
I looked it up on iStyles, perfect color if you're in the desert for visibility, or going stealthy to spy on the neighbor's dog.

Last edited by a moderator:
Flew the drone around. The orange helps at low altitude, and upto around 150-200 away. Any further looks dark.

That is exactly what I did. Neon orange wrap from DecalGirl and 4 Arc V strobes. Sometimes I will put the red and green strobes on the rear to assist with the orientation of the drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu