DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I swallowed my pride and got an iPad.

putz

Reactions
So I have been an avid android user since my first experience with the galaxy S3 and have sworn off Apple products since then. Then I got my Spark and now MP, I've had fairly good success with Android this whole time, but kept reading post after post about the Apple and DJI experience. Once I decided that I no longer wanted to use my phone as my primary device and started searching for a dedicated DJI device, which I highly recommend to everyone, I decided I would keep an open mind. Well an offer I couldn't refuse came around and I bought myself an iPad. After several hours of trying to set it up, mostly googling how to use the **** thing, I was ready to fly. I can honestly say the entire experience is better, smoother video, faster startup time, zero singal loss or connection issues of any kind and just an all around easier time. Factor in the bigger screen and I'm actually a little upset I didn't do it sooner. I have no intention of buying any more Apple products, I still love androids customization and operating system, I'm just alot happier with my drones using this different system. I'd love to hear any comments about what you've found since you switched, or are you just as stubborn as I was and still holding strong on to the Android format?

When I bought the MP, I had a chance to buy the guys mini 3 and I passed. He was selling it for $100. I almost immediately regretted it. So when I came across the iPad I have now, I didn't hesitate. I just have to keep referring to Google or my kids on how to use it.

Reactions: wjtvet and drrjv
Could not agree more.

Started flying with our I-Phone 6SE; almost impossible to find a smaller useable screen, and pushing icons is an unmitigated disaster.

Switched to an I-Pad Mini4, and Life is GOOD. Vision is awesome, buttons easy to push, connectivity is non-stop, AND it fits in the RC's holder without too much concern. You just need to be a bit careful of the unit dropping out of the holders.

Rgds, NAVMAV

Reactions: drrjv and Big Dazz
So for the guys that are using a dedicated device, what are you doing for service? Updating maps offline? Mobile Hotspot? Or subscribing to monthly service? I've been looking at data only plans or possibly adding it to my current phone plan. I just don't know if it would be worth the cost if I would just simply keep my offline maps up to date.

For anyone wanting to keep away from iOS devices, you can still get superlative performance running the app with the Huawei M3 and M5 8 inch tablets.
No configurating problems, great screens, 20 second boot time, loud speakers, long battery life plus they run DJI Go 4 without a glitch, all day long and are Android so you get to choose how you want to do things.

Well, I will never, never turn to the dark side
I said that for a long time. After getting this iPad I love it for the drone. But I absolutely hate the apple operating system. I was looking for a cheap device and this won, otherwise I was looking at the nexus 9.

Reactions: jimlips
this is what the empire {apple} want, to control and monopolise the universe, there motto is, your either with us or against us.
according to these guys there's no problem at all with android.
page 3 of this link newbie thinking of buying a pro 2. few questions
I honestly didn't have many big problems with Android. A few disconnects and other minor bugs. Some of those were even tracked back to a bad otg cable. I just wanted a bigger screen and this thing was very cheap. Now however even the small problems are gone and the app is just better.

Nexus7 19 month Going strong.......

Not a samsung fan (after bricking of Note4)

The Assosiates (room mates) want me to convert me to Apple (for file sharing purpose)
.....cR
Braveheart-quotes-1.gif

LOL at swallowed pride!
Hey, the apple stuff just works better with DJI. That is a known and proven fact.
No special OS settings or hardware settings needed. Just plug and play.
Not everyone has the skill or desire to troubleshoot Android issues. So In those cases Apple is the way to go. But in the end it is an unfounded and unwinnable Ford vs Chevrolet type of argument.
There is a learning curve, but apple IOS will do almost everything that Android does If you take the time to learn it.

Hey, the apple stuff just works better with DJI. That is a known and proven fact.
Except it isn't a fact at all.
It;'s just a very pervasive myth that is propagated and perpetuated by forum posts like: apple stuff just works better with DJI. That is a known and proven fact.
It's past time to stop pushing that line. It's not true.

The Android tablets I fly with run the app flawlessly.
Perhaps an iPad could run the app as well, but it would be impossible for an Apple device to work any better.

Except it isn't a fact at all.
It;'s just a very pervasive myth that is propagated and perpetuated by forum posts like: apple stuff just works better with DJI. That is a known and proven fact.
It's past time to stop pushing that line. It's not true.

The Android tablets I fly with run the app flawlessly.
Perhaps an iPad could run the app as well, but it would be impossible for an Apple device to work any better.
No need to get defensive. You can Android all you want.
What I am saying is, you can buy ANY apple device (as long as it is fairly recent) And download DJI Go 4 then plug and play. EVERY SINGLE ONE of them.
No USB debugging, app permissions, charging port adjustments, and a host of other things that may or may not make a given android device work with DJI. Android compatibility varies by model and manufacturer. AND Some of the models that work with DJI are more expensive than apple devices.

My point is Apple will always work good, without question, and without any extra setup. Android devices can be a crap shoot. That is the FACT i was referring to.

LOL at swallowed pride!
No special OS settings or hardware settings needed. Just plug and play.
Not everyone has the skill or desire to troubleshoot Android issues. So In those cases Apple is the way to go. But in the end it is an unfounded and unwinnable Ford vs Chevrolet type of argument.
There is a learning curve, but apple IOS will do almost everything that Android does If you take the time to learn it.

2ff6dcf614948070fe6a2c225eee406a.jpg

I moved to galaxy s phones back when they become available (swapped from iPhone 2 or 3 I think)
Then had a few galaxy tabs and was happy until I got an iPad Pro. Now I use iPads for tablets and Samsung for phone (although currently looking at getting a pixel)
Apart from my crystalsky, which is of course on Android.

Reactions: Inspirephil

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kcb2627