DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I took my Mavic Air on a cruise vacation!

It was my understanding that cruise lines don't allow drones on board at all. Does NCL have a different policy?

It was my understanding that cruise lines don't allow drones on board at all. Does NCL have a different policy?

Depends on the cruise line. Also...Cruise lines don't allow lots of things on board, like your own alcohol...but folks bring it anyway.

Reactions: ReelFocus
Thank you all! I'm going to get a swell head with all this high praise! :):p
But seriously, thanks so much for taking the time to watch and post your comments! I'm thrilled that you all enjoyed it.

Reactions: Greenrex
Thank you all! I'm going to get a swell head with all this high praise! :):p
But seriously, thanks so much for taking the time to watch and post your comments! I'm thrilled that you all enjoyed it.

Yes, very impressed with the skill of your camera work and editing. It is quite amazing to be watching a video of someone else's vacation and actually enjoy it! :)

Just curious what other cameras and equipment you used besides the Air?

Thanks so much. The only other camera used was a GoPro hero 7. I did use a few GoPro accessories to stabilize the camera. That’s it!

Reactions: Shon
Thanks so much. The only other camera used was a GoPro hero 7. I did use a few GoPro accessories to stabilize the camera. That’s it!

Great! I use a similar setup, but my editing skills are nowhere near as competent. :)

Thanks again for all the kind words.
I have a favor to ask….if you enjoyed the video would you mind showing it some love by giving it a thumbs up on Youtube? This lets Youtube know that it's a good video and they'll suggest it to others for watching. Also please subscribe as I'm trying to grow my channel.

Thanks for any support that you can give! :)

Drones are on the NCL prohibited items list: Prohibited Items List
The ports are also a no drone zone, you will see the signs when you disembark.
I guess you sneak it in and hope they don't find it. Prohibited items are kept in the safe and returned at the end of your cruise.

The locations in the video....
We sailed out of Miami and our ports of call were ST Thomas, Tortola and Nassau.

The drone shots (if that's what you really want to know) were taken in St John, Tortola and Jost Van Dyke.

Hope you enjoyed the video?? :confused:

Reactions: bliksem
Amazing, very good piece of work! Can I assume that you were also using a gopro? What software do you use to edit and combine the 2 different mediums?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute