DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I wanna share with you guys the last moments of my Mavicair2 RIP

Leo_mtz

Reactions
So I was taking pictures for my wedding invitations on the beach, everything was going great and after we finish up the session I decided to record a flight of the seashore (I have already did it once but I wasn't recording), I'm not sure what happened I was 3 to 4 meters above the shore turn around and it dropped down.

I'm still pretty sad about it, but I knew the risks when I bought it.

Here is the video

log:

btw I dont have dji care since It doesn't apply on Mexico, and I can't really afford a new one right now, do you know where can I buy a dji without the remote? maybe second hand or refurbished?

Last edited:
So I was taking pictures for my wedding invitations on the beach, everything was going great and after we finish up the session I decided to record a flight of the seashore (I have already did it once but I wasn't recording), I'm not sure what happened I was 3 to 4 meters above the shore turn around and it dropped down.

Here is the video

log:

btw I dont have dji care since It doesn't apply on Mexico, and I can't really afford a new one right now, do you know where can I buy a dji without the remote? maybe second hand or refurbished?
Just type:

"Mavic Air2S Aircraft Only" into Google (or whatever) and see what pops up!

Also, DJI will sell you a replacement aircraft only. Check with DJI Support and they'll steer you to the right place.

Sorry to hear about your bird...

:-(

Reactions: Leo_mtz
You might want to look at the flight log to see what happened to cause that. Was the battery low? Were there any notifications before this happened? Whether it was your fault or the drone's, figuring out what happened can help you avoid something similar in the future. It's a real bummer.

Sorry for your loss. It kinda looks like you might have applied a little down stick when you yawed around, and it looks like you were in sport mode. You can take a look at that right on your FLY app. The video is pretty blurry for 720. Was the light getting low? Anyway, it's a real bummer. Send the info required to DJI. I've always found them to be pretty fair.

Sorry for your loss. It kinda looks like you might have applied a little down stick when you yawed around, and it looks like you were in sport mode. You can take a look at that right on your FLY app. The video is pretty blurry for 720. Was the light getting low? Anyway, it's a real bummer. Send the info required to DJI. I've always found them to be pretty fair.
The light was getting low, I was using sport mode I don't believe I applied down stick but I can't rule it out, does the log shows if the stick was pushed ?

Looking at the log, it looks like as you were yawing that you descended at the same time. Yaw and elevation (throttle) are on the same stick (left stick in Mode 2...the default mode) so it is possible that in pulling the stick right or left you pulled or pushed it on an angle and caused the drone to descend. I have done something like this myself. It becomes a problem when you are flying really low (5 ft. up around 1:27 minutes into the flight) and there is little or no margin for error. You started to ascend 2:04 and started descending at 2:05.

The last line in the file shows throttle below 1024 at 980. 1024 seems to be the stick at dead center, meaning no input. Throttle by convention is the left stick motion of forward and backward (as opposed to side to side) in Mode 2 which makes the drone go up and down. There are other stick inputs at the late stages of the flight but I'm not sure exactly how to interpret them. There was more than just yawing going on.

I don't seen any indication of auto landing, low voltage, or motor failures.

Reactions: Leo_mtz
Propeller driven aircraft tend to descend when turning rapidly, and the left turn is worse than a right turn for losing altitude. This accident happened in a left turn. If you practice turning at a higher altitude you may find the drone reacts differently in a turn one way than the other, which is a clue that tight turns at a very low altitude can very easily cause an accident.

Propeller driven aircraft tend to descend when turning rapidly, and the left turn is worse than a right turn for losing altitude.
All things being equal, I fail to see how choice of direction would affect altitude. (Again, assuming zero accidental stick input)

But with a drone's counter-rotating props, shouldn't that cancel out the P-factor?
In level flight and stable. In a turn, unless all props are at the same speed and pitch angle, other forces can happen. In my opinion, drone controls leave a lot to be desired. And, as you suggest, it is easy to inadvertently apply some control input, that can result in unfortunate circumstances.
Not flying too low is a simple solution but because photography is a mission of many flights,
getting close to the subject tends to happen. Sometimes with awkward results.

I believe the p-factor is for fixed wing aircraft. Quad copters use a different method which uses computers to maintain altitude with constant computerized prop controls. For fix wing the pilot can compensate for various lift factors with non-level wings.

Here is the video

log:

Try ebay.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka