DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I want a manual mode with atti, switch!

ZeroG

Reactions
Hello fellow Mavic pilots!

I've been enjoying my Mavic for a few months now (incident free). I come with years of collective pitch helicopter background, and now racing quads and aerial cinematography (Inspire 1 and, now Mavic), and I must say that I wish the Mavic had a pure manual with atti mode, with no chance of satellite or VPS intervention. Anybody else concur?

zeroG

Speak for yourself. I have no desire for atti mode. I rarely use it on my P4P to check winds aloft.

I can sure see why DJI does not want it, there would be many more crashes by newbys.

I come from the world of 3D helis and have no desire to make the Mavic acrobatic.

Reactions: BIGLUG24 and Rbruz
I wouldn't use it either. But think it would not do any harm to have that switch available.
Whoever wants it can just switch it on. Who don't - leave it alone.
DJI could sell more replacement units if more people brake theirs :)

DJI refresh usage would jump off the charts! I can see why DJI left it out.

For those that really need it use the tin foil and Velcro solution.

Reactions: digdat0
Yes, I agree that it would be an option for experienced pilots. I have more confidence in my manual flying abilities than I do flying with GPS and OPTI - It would be nice to have the option:)

Reactions: Rbruz
Open up the case, find the GPS power wire, add toggle switch inline. GPS off = ATTI.

Most DJI owners are first timers, they wouldn't know what to do with a drone that drifts with the wind lol. Atti mode is nothing to be scared of.

Speak for yourself. I have no desire for atti mode. I rarely use it on my P4P to check winds aloft.

I can sure see why DJI does not want it, there would be many more crashes by newbys.

I come from the world of 3D helis and have no desire to make the Mavic acrobatic.

I fly 3D helis as well but ATTI mode is not about making the mavic acrobatic. There are a lot of techniques you can use for getting shots that just cant be replicated in GPS mode.

Reactions: Clinton1
Yes, I was flying my racing quad around, and I use ATTI on it so I never have to worry when I briefly lose orientation. In those rare instances when I do lose orientation, I stop combination inputs and observe what happens when I give a little forward elevator to see which direction it's pointing. Then it's flying business as usual. I'd love to be able to control the Mavic like that:)!

I don't think DJI cares about more crashes. More crashes to DJI means more new sales and more repair sales. Same reason why DJI doesn't care about quality control. The more crap they produce, the more crashes people have the more crash repair bucks for them.

Would really like to be able to select atti mode.

Would be good to practice if nothing else so I'm not under pressure if have a compass error.

The 2 times I have flown the mavic in atti caught me off guard, felt like it was fighting me. Nothing like I expected from flying CP helis and a P3A.

Yes, I’d like to see a manual ATTI mode on the Mavic.

Perhaps the lack of ATTI mode is reason for the high rate of Mavic crashes in comparison to the Inspire & Matrice craft?

After all, the only time a Mavic owner gets to practice ATTI mode flying is the point at which the GPS fails ...... and by then then it’s too late!

I would not use it, but it is something it every Pilot should know how to use. If you a mile out and louse your GPS and cant
fly atti your in big trouble so it is a great thing to practice in a big spot and no trees

Would really like to be able to select atti mode.

Would be good to practice if nothing else so I'm not under pressure if have a compass error.

The 2 times I have flown the mavic in atti caught me off guard, felt like it was fighting me. Nothing like I expected from flying CP helis and a P3A.

It can be configured to do that - you just have to employ your favorite search engine.

Reactions: Callum
My ORIGINAL DJI quadcopter is anold F450 Flamewheel and the NAZA flight controller has 3 settings: Manual, ATTI (Attitude) and GPS. These are selectable at any time via a 3 position switch on my Spektrum DX 6i radio.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580