DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I want help about DroneDeploy app

Gays How can I share my Maps from DroneDeploy
And how can I use it
You can share read only versions with them via the share button on the website. It will make a shareable link that can be used by anyone with the link. Depending on your package with DroneDeploy you may be able to limit who can see them.

You can also export 2D maps as jpeg and TIFF images and send them to whoever you want. Sharing 3D maps via export is possible but requires a 3D program to view. Much better to just have people view that on the drone deploy website.

It’s easier to access from a desktop computer. People accessing via mobile device might have trouble seeing it properly.

To fully share read and write privileges with someone they must also have a drone deploy account and pay the membership fee

You can share read only versions with them via the share button on the website. It will make a shareable link that can be used by anyone with the link. Depending on your package with DroneDeploy you may be able to limit who can see them.

You can also export 2D maps as jpeg and TIFF images and send them to whoever you want. Sharing 3D maps via export is possible but requires a 3D program to view. Much better to just have people view that on the drone deploy website.

It’s easier to access from a desktop computer. People accessing via mobile device might have trouble seeing it properly.

To fully share read and write privileges with someone they must also have a drone deploy account and pay the membership fee
Thanks ??
I have some Questions They are confusing me

I will take business membership So my questions are

1 - When I send the links to my clients can they move the 3-D map and see everything but they don’t have accounts

2- Can I export the map to the Google earth

3- if I will add team should they pay for their membership to view all the maps and can move the 3-D maps

Finally can you send for me a link example

Thanks ??
I have some Questions They are confusing me

I will take business membership So my questions are

1 - When I send the links to my clients can they move the 3-D map and see everything but they don’t have accounts

2- Can I export the map to the Google earth

3- if I will add team should they pay for their membership to view all the maps and can move the 3-D maps

Finally can you send for me a link example
I let my membership expire because I don’t have the need for it right now but I was pretty happy with what people could do with the 3D maps with the link. They could turn it and zoom in and everything. The one think I can’t remember is if they could do their own measurements. You might have to do that for them and then they can see your measurement points but I just can’t remember.

I believe I tried importing the 3D maps into google earth and couldn’t figure out how to do it. Maybe I just didn’t try hard enough but at the very least it wasn’t easy if you can do it at all.

I also tried importing the 3D files into AutoCAD. That can be done but I’m not savvy enough with that program to make it worth while. It takes some development to get it to work. I believe with an enterprise account they set it up for you so it’s easy to just import to AutoCAD and boom it’s done. But like I said just doing it on their website provided the best experience for me.

The exported orthomosaic photos provided the most useful information for my clients. None of them have any tech savvy so it provided the best experience. The 3D models are cool but the value of the information they provide is limited to certain situations and the accuracy of the 3D measurements is shaky at best but it does leave an impression. At least for what I was using drone deploy for the elevation and grade data from the 2D models is what really was helpful.

I’m sure technically each member of the team is suppose to have their own membership but you could probably get away with having one company membership that they all use. I guess it depends on how much you’ll be using it and how much the other team members will need to use the write privileges. A membership is really only needed if someone is going to make a new map or possibly put in a new measurement or want to download the maps locally.

Like I said I let my membership expire. If I have a new use for it in the future I will sign up again.

I work in commercial real estate and development btw.

Reactions: MohamedQ
I let my membership expire because I don’t have the need for it right now but I was pretty happy with what people could do with the 3D maps with the link. They could turn it and zoom in and everything. The one think I can’t remember is if they could do their own measurements. You might have to do that for them and then they can see your measurement points but I just can’t remember.

I believe I tried importing the 3D maps into google earth and couldn’t figure out how to do it. Maybe I just didn’t try hard enough but at the very least it wasn’t easy if you can do it at all.

I also tried importing the 3D files into AutoCAD. That can be done but I’m not savvy enough with that program to make it worth while. It takes some development to get it to work. I believe with an enterprise account they set it up for you so it’s easy to just import to AutoCAD and boom it’s done. But like I said just doing it on their website provided the best experience for me.

The exported orthomosaic photos provided the most useful information for my clients. None of them have any tech savvy so it provided the best experience. The 3D models are cool but the value of the information they provide is limited to certain situations and the accuracy of the 3D measurements is shaky at best but it does leave an impression. At least for what I was using drone deploy for the elevation and grade data from the 2D models is what really was helpful.

I’m sure technically each member of the team is suppose to have their own membership but you could probably get away with having one company membership that they all use. I guess it depends on how much you’ll be using it and how much the other team members will need to use the write privileges. A membership is really only needed if someone is going to make a new map or possibly put in a new measurement or want to download the maps locally.

Like I said I let my membership expire. If I have a new use for it in the future I will sign up again.

I work in commercial real estate and development btw.

Me Brett I appreciate your help and I’m sorry for bothering you just last three questions and I will let you go??????

1 How can I export and save my Maps and I can use it then any software ?

2 If my membership finished does my maps will delete it and I can’t see them anymore ? If it yes in this situation what should I do ?

3 I will take Business membership is that true I have three multiple free accounts I can add them as a team ?

Me Brett I appreciate your help and I’m sorry for bothering you just last three questions and I will let you go??????

1 How can I export and save my Maps and I can use it then any software ?

2 If my membership finished does my maps will delete it and I can’t see them anymore ? If it yes in this situation what should I do ?

3 I will take Business membership is that true I have three multiple free accounts I can add them as a team ?
1. You can export the map as a photo to send to people. There is elevation data you can export but I never got into it that far, like I said I just used the program on the website and that did everything I needed it for.

2. yea after like 30 days after your membership expires they erase you maps. It saves your waypoint missions so you can redo them if you want but can’t expect them use the server space to hold your stuff if you aren’t paying them.

3. I don’t know honestly. I’m the tech savvy person in my company so I just did all that stuff myself

Reactions: MohamedQ
1. You can export the map as a photo to send to people. There is elevation data you can export but I never got into it that far, like I said I just used the program on the website and that did everything I needed it for.

2. yea after like 30 days after your membership expires they erase you maps. It saves your waypoint missions so you can redo them if you want but can’t expect them use the server space to hold your stuff if you aren’t paying them.

3. I don’t know honestly. I’m the tech savvy person in my company so I just did all that stuff myself
❤️❤️❤️❤️

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll