DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I want one of these drone but $50000.00 ouch

DroneJI

Reactions
I found a Nano drone used by Fire, Police and Military these things are incredible! But cost $50000.00! They weigh as much as a couple sheets of paper! Water proof and combat resistant,Anyone have the pleasure of flying one?

Reactions: Claudcw and KentA
I’m not allowed to talk about it

You Military? That’s cool if you are these things have a lot of potential good and bad depending on what side your on! I can see the enemy hating these things there like mosquitos with GPS and Cameras! I can only imagine how we use them to our advantage in war!

Reactions: Huge Bama Fan
I can see 100s of these being deployed all programmed to do a task and stay out of each other’s way. What’s impressive is there waterproof the military could send the, out on a dark rainy night and the enemy would never know they were there!

I found a Nano drone used by Fire, Police and Military these things are incredible! But cost $50000.00! They weigh as much as a couple sheets of paper! Water proof and combat resistant,Anyone have the pleasure of flying one?
Some swedish company, BUY AMERICAN?

Why u need it?

I want to know what powers it.

18 gram with a 25 minute battery life. 3 cameras including TI.

If it wasn't February I'd have thought it an April fools.

I want to know what powers it.

18 gram with a 25 minute battery life. 3 cameras including TI.

If it wasn't February I'd have thought it an April fools.

It’s real I never thought about the power source! Maybe that’s why it’s $50000.00 ? Could be a new battery technology not available to the public yet? Can you imagine whatever is powering that thing a Mavic size version it would last for hours! And this is a a long shot but A Reactor of some Kind? Who knows what the military had come up with! They built the Stealth Bomber in the 50s and kept it a secret till decades later!

It’s real I never thought about the power source! Maybe that’s why it’s $50000.00 ? Could be a new battery technology not available to the public yet? Can you imagine whatever is powering that thing a Mavic size version it would last for hours! And this is a a long shot but A Reactor of some Kind? Who knows what the military had come up with! They built the Stealth Bomber in the 50s and kept it a secret till decades later!
The high cost will be to cover development.
Whatever the power source is it must be something pretty special.

Was curious about this and looks like Brittish military have been using since 2013.
Paid 31 million USD for 160 units.

Last edited:
Actually, developed in Norway. Impressive piece of technology, where many of the MP capacities have been fitted into a 16 gram drone. :)Pricy? Perhaps, - like everything else here in Norway. Where a pint of beer easily can cost 15 USD :mad:
http://www.proxdynamics.com/home

If you haven't seen it, Check out the movie Eye in the Sky -- depicts close relatives of these little drones going into houses, and landing on timbers in the ceiling area, etc. Military, in the movie, disguise them to look like birds, and bugs. Really cool.

I believe this stuff is actually none of our business and discussing it serves only to ramp up anti-drone sentiments in any case. BE cool!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo