DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I want to take a weekend trip just to fly somewhere new, where should I go (within driving distance of Ohio)?

Ace79

Reactions
So, this upcoming summer I am planning on taking an extended weekend trip with my brother just so we can fly our drones somewhere new. I am looking for recommendations of interesting, drone friendly places (ideally no more than an 8 hour drive of the Cleveland, Ohio area).

One place I was considering is upper Michigan (including the peninsula) because I've heard its beautiful, but I don't know any specific areas or where it's legal.

I am 107 certified, if that makes a difference. Any help or recommendations are greatly appreciated!

What do you call “distance”??
Go to black rock dessert in far northern Nevada.
Most of arazona,
be careful in New Mexico. ( too much gov, or tribal land).
Too close to the US boarder with mexico. might think you are a crook. or working for a drug cartel.

But these might be a bit of a drive for you. at least not all that much flatland.

So, this upcoming summer I am planning on taking an extended weekend trip with my brother just so we can fly our drones somewhere new. I am looking for recommendations of interesting, drone friendly places (ideally no more than an 8 hour drive of the Cleveland, Ohio area).

One place I was considering is upper Michigan (including the peninsula) because I've heard its beautiful, but I don't know any specific areas or where it's legal.

I am 107 certified, if that makes a difference. Any help or recommendations are greatly appreciated!
Ashtabula is just 50 miles to the east.we have the countrys longest covered bridge & a dozen more.We also have the Conneaut, Astabula,&Grand rivers.

Michigan has plenty of great places to fly but if you go to the UP go to Old Victoria near Rockland on the west end.

What do you call “distance”??
Go to black rock dessert in far northern Nevada.
Most of arazona,
be careful in New Mexico. ( too much gov, or tribal land).
Too close to the US boarder with mexico. might think you are a crook. or working for a drug cartel.

But these might be a bit of a drive for you. at least not all that much flatland.

I'd LOVE to head out west, but that is going to take much longer than a weekend of driving...unfortunately. Hopefully in the future.

Ashtabula is just 50 miles to the east.we have the countrys longest covered bridge & a dozen more.We also have the Conneaut, Astabula,&Grand rivers.

Yeah that's not too far at all! I'll definitely take a day and drive out to check out those areas. I appreciate the recommendation!

Michigan has plenty of great places to fly but if you go to the UP go to Old Victoria near Rockland on the west end.

Awesome, I'm going to Google Old Victoria and see what I can find. Thanks!

So, any other places in Michigan to you recommend?

don't know where you are in Ohio so it may be "local" to you but any of the lighthouses on the Great Lakes would be a great place for filming (depending on local rules)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11