DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I was not going to get the Mini and then I flew it

Why Are You Interested in the Mavic Mini?

• Total voters

Gadget Inspector

Reactions

This will be a replacement for my Spark which I'm putting up for sale today. Priced to sell fast. Despite not having at least front obstacle avoidance, everything else about this bird is better. When I say tiny....I mean TINY!

I would have liked Occusync Technology but I understand there needed to be sacrifices for the cost and weight. Actually, at 249 grams I don't plan on flying it too far where Occusync would be needed. I love this little beast. Getting it for Christmas. I am blown away by the imagery I am seeing.

For me it was all about portability and price point and all the features you get at that modest cost. I have no interest in lugging a large, heavy plastic case in to remote areas when I've already got climbing and/or camping gear in my pack. This is my first drone and I'm not needing a professional grade camera, nor do I particularly enjoy editing film or pictures so this was pretty much ideal for my needs.

For me it was all about portability and price point and all the features you get at that modest cost. I have no interest in lugging a large, heavy plastic case in to remote areas when I've already got climbing and/or camping gear in my pack. This is my first drone and I'm not needing a professional grade camera, nor do I particularly enjoy editing film or pictures so this was pretty much ideal for my needs.
Yep, you can literally fit this AND the controller in your pockets.

Reactions: Hauptmann
I would have liked Occusync Technology but I understand there needed to be sacrifices for the cost and weight. Actually, at 249 grams I don't plan on flying it too far where Occusync would be needed. I love this little beast. Getting it for Christmas. I am blown away by the imagery I am seeing.
Yep. Lon had the EV adjusted which is why some of the shots were so blown out, but I'm impressed as well. It's on my list too!

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
My option isn’t there. I’ll be buying 8-10 for training as the price is right for a trainer with all the features needed to easily transfer skills to larger platforms

Reactions: Gadget Inspector
It is just fun to fly, and the simplicity/quick start up time is enjoyable.
Doesn't replace my Anafi, but a great addition to my fleet.
That's how I feel. I think I would just leave this one in my car or just have with me all the time so if I come across a place I want to get some shots at, it'll be ready to go. The Anafi has been that for me, but this one is even smaller and could fit in my darn glove box or in my arm rest. Love that!

My option isn’t there. I’ll be buying 8-10 for training as the price is right for a trainer with all the features needed to easily transfer skills to larger platforms
Wow, that is actually a really great point. Sounds like you have a flight school or something, but yeah, that price point and quality level can't be beat.

This will be a replacement for my Spark which I'm putting up for sale today. Priced to sell fast. Despite not having at least front obstacle avoidance, everything else about this bird is better. When I say tiny....I mean TINY!
Looks like fun..and it's tiny but I can get everything in the flymore package in the Spark soft case..that includes the charger and I'm not seeing that in the hard case for the Mini.
Still not sold :)

Looks like fun..and it's tiny but I can get everything in the flymore package in the Spark soft case..that includes the charger and I'm not seeing that in the hard case for the Mini.
Still not sold :)
My charging hub rests pretty deep in the cutout, I haven't tried it out yet but I wonder if I could get the charger in that same space as well in my MM Fly More case?

Wow, that is actually a really great point. Sounds like you have a flight school or something, but yeah, that price point and quality level can't be beat.
We deliver the Cert 3 Aviation/RPAS which gives the kids an academic qualification as well as CASA licence and radio operators licence. A very good subject for students interested in drones

Reactions: Gadget Inspector
I just bought another spark for travel and recreation. I was thinking I should have waited and gotten the MM however it seems to me it's an offering to satisfy the DJI enthusiasts while they work on something better. I think I will wait for that something better.

I really don't think its an upgrade to the spark!! the spark can do a lot more than the min.. i like them both though

Reactions: drw52jc
Hate to be an alarmist But I'm seeing way too many flyaway's with the mini. Has anyone else noticed this?..is it par for the course?

Hate to be an alarmist But I'm seeing way too many flyaway's with the mini. Has anyone else noticed this?..is it par for the course?
If you have read carefully, most flyaways are related to strong wind, because the pilots didn't take care about. It should be clear that such a small and liteweighted drone has lower wind limits than its bigger and more heavy sibblings.
And most pilots then make the next mistake by thinking RTH would fix that wind drifting and bring the MM back, although RTH often increases altitude even more (for even more wind) and RTH speed is limited to that of P mode.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka