DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I was once angry.

Fear345

Reactions
I originally ordered my Mavic combo on the 27th sept, and after a little rant about the delay and getting no updates I cancelled my order with the independent seller here in the UK.

I have reordered from DJI via Amazon and have an estimated shipping date of the 15th of Nov.

I originally was about to order a Karma but after seeing the Mavic launch event quickly changed my mind. It is evident DJI were very devious in probably bringing their launch even forward to scupper the Karma's sales.

My thinking now is that I have dodged a bullet with the actions of DJI, with the YouTube videos out there of how bad the Karma actually is and the amount of money I could of wasted by buying one and then regretting it.

I will get my Mavic when I get it, hopefully before Christmas.

Be happy if you too have dodged the Karma bullet.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: Romi
I'm with you on this. The Karma appeared to be what I was looking for until... I saw the Mavic. Definitely dodged a bullet.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

before Christmas?
its looking like it wont make New Years after todays press release

soon as the store opens in the morning Im calling for my money back

"

kOgmAJ06KX20Fi1YSrCBvdYM894_HpopL_L2MrKc4Dh8dfcfUZtenZSyu7I3VDk3K5B2HpjLNQ=s0-d-e1-ft

Dear DJI Customer,

We owe you an apology for our delays in delivering the new Mavic Pro. We want to thank you for your patience and also advise that we are looking into improving our order process and systems, based largely on your feedback.

When we announced Mavic Pro and began accepting pre-orders, we expected to deliver the first units in mid-October. However, ramping up production to full speed at top quality took longer than planned. Prior to our scheduled shipping target, we encountered an issue integrating a part into the Mavic Pro. We resolved that within a week. On top of that, the excitement for the Mavic Pro beat our expectations. As a result, we are working diligently to ramp up production to meet the higher-than-anticipated demand for the Mavic Pro.

We have been shipping for nearly two weeks, but even with round-the-clock production, we unfortunately cannot give specific delivery estimates for many orders moving through various global sales channels because of this demand. For Mavic Pro orders received before November 3, 2016, we will do our best to clear them all within the next seven to eight weeks.

Some of you waiting for your Mavic Pro also expressed concern about our immediate billing of pre-orders. We've heard you and are examining potential alternatives with our payment provider.

DJI exists to put amazing technology and innovation into your hands, and we're sorry it's taking so long with Mavic Pro. Our internal systems haven't kept up with the enormous demand for our products, and your enthusiasm for our newest offering is spurring us to improve. We appreciate your understanding and are doing everything we can to get Mavic Pro to you as quickly as possible.

Sincerely,

DJI"

That showed up in my email this morning . It feels like they just acknowledged their customers as human and worthy of at least some respect.

This, I can live with. I can understand problems like this happening in product manufacturing . My day job is in dealing with similar things.

Seven weeks isn't what I wanted to hear, but at least it's something .

I originally ordered my Mavic combo on the 27th sept, and after a little rant about the delay and getting no updates I cancelled my order with the independent seller here in the UK.......

You probably would have received your mavic by now if you stuck with the original order..

I originally ordered my Mavic combo on the 27th sept, and after a little rant about the delay and getting no updates I cancelled my order with the independent seller here in the UK.

I have reordered from DJI via Amazon and have an estimated shipping date of the 15th of Nov.

I originally was about to order a Karma but after seeing the Mavic launch event quickly changed my mind. It is evident DJI were very devious in probably bringing their launch even forward to scupper the Karma's sales.

My thinking now is that I have dodged a bullet with the actions of DJI, with the YouTube videos out there of how bad the Karma actually is and the amount of money I could of wasted by buying one and then regretting it.

I will get my Mavic when I get it, hopefully before Christmas.

Be happy if you too have dodged the Karma bullet.

If you need best possible video/picture quality then the Karma is not a bullet, it is a better solution. A bullet is in the eye of the beholder.

If you need best possible video/picture quality then the Karma is not a bullet, it is a better solution. A bullet is in the eye of the beholder.
As a drone, the Karma does not appeal to me at all, it is bulky and old technology, even for a first drone. I think it will have a limited market with serious GoPro fans (I used to be one) but GoPro has not kept up with innovations and marketing, By not continuing to be innovative and leading rather than following, they may become the next Blackberry.
I kept my order that I made in the early hours of the 28th and it is currently in transit.

My pre Order shipping date was Nov. 3rd I received this today!!!

For Mavic Pro orders received before November 3, 2016, we will do our best to clear them all within the next seven to eight weeks.

As a drone, the Karma does not appeal to me at all, it is bulky and old technology, even for a first drone. I think it will have a limited market with serious GoPro fans (I used to be one) but GoPro has not kept up with innovations and marketing, By not continuing to be innovative and leading rather than following, they may become the next Blackberry.
I kept my order that I made in the early hours of the 28th and it is currently in transit.

With all due respect, what good is new technology if it does not work. In fairness to GoPro they have obviously identified some issues with the Karma since it's also been delayed quite a bit. They're also two completely different products. The Karma is clearly advertised and an accessory piece to the GoPro camera, not the other way around. So you can't think of the Karma as a drone with a GoPro, they want you to think of it as just another mounting piece for your GoPro.

Also keep in mind that all the "new" technology in Mavic isn't exactly re-writing the history books. So far, out of the very few people who have actually received and are flying their Mavics, it seems that it suffers from quite a few issues of its own.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61