DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I was sold but after i saw this.....

ch3f

Reactions

I was almost sold after I saw this video... HEY don't get me wrong and I don't wanna be an Hater but hey that's a fact.... plenty, tons, awful and disgusting, nasty, terrible, dreadful, ghastly, horrid, horrible, vile, foul, abominable, appalling, atrocious, horrendous, hideous, offensive, objectionable, obnoxious, frightful, loathsome, revolting, repulsive, repellent, repugnant, odious, sickening, nauseating, nauseous MOIRE

This is EXACTLY why I wanted a Mavic as this is a fantastic example of what it can do ..... :D:D:D:D

I was almost sold after I saw this video... HEY don't get me wrong and I don't wanna be an Hater but hey that's a fact.... plenty, tons, awful and disgusting, nasty, terrible, dreadful, ghastly, horrid, horrible, vile, foul, abominable, appalling, atrocious, horrendous, hideous, offensive, objectionable, obnoxious, frightful, loathsome, revolting, repulsive, repellent, repugnant, odious, sickening, nauseating, nauseous MOIRE
Moiré is innocent of the appalling accusations you've made. Moiré just loves to put patterns into things, how is that so wrong?

THX BAXTER ! No alternative atm .. I have waited 10 years.. I can wait another couple of more....

Moiré is an artefact found in almost all digital recording device. It's not a fault of the mavic that it appears. It even appears in high end cameras or video cameras. If you are going to film things with repeated patterns then you have to be prepared for it.
Find an alternative, use another tool. In short use the right tool for the job. If everything was easy, why should we even try hard in life?

I would say too bad you wished to decline getting the mavic. That is your loss.

Completely fixable. It is basically because the sharpness settings were set too high in the camera or oversharpened in post. Disregard the fact that this video is with a P3Pro, the settings changes will have the same effect with the Mavic. Fred starts talking about how to adjust to lessen the Moire effect at around the 4:00 mark. He is a professional not just with drone, but other video as well as print and CG work (for the last forever years) and I have known him for almost 20.

Reactions: Ed Oz and Watty

You can't possibly judge based on this footage.
First of all, you do not know whether this was shot in 1080p.
If it was then the camera on the Mavic uses pixel binning which is not good and WILL cause issues. However......
Second, unless you are looking at the footage on a full resolution monitor you cannot make evaluations on image quality. It could just be scaling artifacts
Third, PooTube recompresses the crap out of every piece of footage uploaded to it.
This is why you should never, ever make a decision to purchase an imaging device based on a social media platform stream.

The only bad thing about the video, really, is the OP's opinion on a fixable effect that happens with all but the absolute highest grade cameras. And even those can be subject to the effect if they are not set up properly.

The Moire in the footage is because the camera on the Mavic CANNOT do 1080/60 with filters (the digital type not the screw on type). It is a hardware limitation. If you must have 1080/60 then the Mavic is NOT for you. However all other recording modes work fine without producing the same Moire effect.

Completely fixable. It is basically because the sharpness settings were set too high in the camera or oversharpened in post. Disregard the fact that this video is with a P3Pro, the settings changes will have the same effect with the Mavic. Fred starts talking about how to adjust to lessen the Moire effect at around the 4:00 mark. He is a professional not just with drone, but other video as well as print and CG work (for the last forever years) and I have known him for almost 20.

Thanks for the vid I'll give a look i was afi all day long..

Thanks for the vid I'll give a look i was afi all day long..

Not the same with the Mavic as the hardware is limited to work without filters in 1080/60. It is a known hardware limitation which CANNOT be fixed post or during. Discussed to death on other forums so there is really no need to look at it further as the Moire effect CANNOT be taken away!

Not with the Mavic unfortunately. The cameras hardware limitation means that is will not record with filters at 1080/60. You CANNOT reduce the Moire effect when recording in this format. FACT!

Wow, someone's Wheaties got wissed in. FWIW, shooting less than max res it kinda silly, actually. Why not chill out and go fly, instead.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
motiongraphics50