DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 ICELAND VOLCANO Fagradalsfjall | Mavic air 2 & A7III

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Reactions: Basleroy
Excellent work! Excellent choice of a still camera I might add. I'm an A73 owner as well. A great companion to my Mavic 2 Pro.

This volcano has been incredibly interesting to watch given the relative ease of approach and the fact that the authorities permit you to do so. Over the last 100 days it's evolved enormously and changed shape and character in significant ways. Your video was good though I am not a fan of the quick cuts approach (personal preference). I saw several other drones in the FOV along with parked helicopters, makes for a sketchy airspace situation. On what day(s) was this filmed?

Thanks,

Brian

I saw several other drones in the FOV

Was watching the volcano more the first time round, but yeah just spotted one at least on the right at 2:08.
It pretty much disappeared once it left the lighter background sky.

This would be a pretty strong magnet for drone flights for sure, suppose helis aren't going to be anywhere near the volcano itself, so TOAL is going to be the real place to be careful, and keeping it low of course.

Not sure on official drone regs for Norway or or this particular place at this time, nor if this is anywhere near a National Park or reserve, doesn't look like it is.

Very Daring, :D

@Basleroy nicely captured. I like the mix of drone and camera shots. I envy you being able to go there, witness, and capture such a spectacular event. Well done!

Just wondering how far away is your launch spot from the actual volcano? What is the furthest distance you have to fly to get those shots? How high do you have to stay so your drone doesn’t get damaged from the heat when you are over or near a lava flow or near the steam?

Thanks for posting.

Chris

This volcano has been incredibly interesting to watch given the relative ease of approach and the fact that the authorities permit you to do so. Over the last 100 days it's evolved enormously and changed shape and character in significant ways. Your video was good though I am not a fan of the quick cuts approach (personal preference). I saw several other drones in the FOV along with parked helicopters, makes for a sketchy airspace situation. On what day(s) was this filmed?

Thanks,

Brian
If you just keep your drone under 120m there is no problem. I filmed this on the 12th of April and May 3

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000