DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Idle battery drain.

Ol' Sparky

Reactions
Can you reset the automatic drain by firing up the battery (in or out of the drone) for a second or two before it starts to automatically lose charge? Charged up a few days ago in anticipation of a session that ended up not happening, but still intend to go out in a day or two, but my batteries are down . Also...if it drops the charge and you recharge...is that considered another charge cycle in the battery history..even if it's only fro 75% to full?

Can you reset the automatic drain by firing up the battery (in or out of the drone) for a second or two before it starts to automatically lose charge? Charged up a few days ago in anticipation of a session that ended up not happening, but still intend to go out in a day or two, but my batteries are down . Also...if it drops the charge and you recharge...is that considered another charge cycle in the battery history..even if it's only fro 75% to full?

Mine does that too

You can change the delay in the settings in the battery menu, from 1 day to days , I think, but they self discharge for a reason

I just topped up a new battery that had 1 charge & it still shows 1 charge therefore I can only assume it will remember the % of the top up charges and add them together until they equal a full charge.
Obviously I could be wrong but it sounds reasonable to me.
If anyone knows the facts on this please add your comments.

Cyborg I have seen a thread, either here or on the DJI forum, which discussed this. I never got to the end so can't remember the outcome but I know one of the suggestions was that it the ticker was cumulative.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
I'm not sure about the last part or your question, but I believe I read somewhere that there is a setting you can make that tells the battery how long to retain a "full" charge before allowing it to drop and possibly what percentage to drop to... not sure about the "drop to" percentage part. I had that issue with the Phantom 4 I had for 4 years. . I think default is 3 days.
The way I solved the problem with the 4, and now with the zoom, is that I charge all of my batteries (3, with the Fly More option when buying the drone) the night before. Whether that counts in the discharge / recharge cycle history I don't know.
I also rotate my batteries in the drone.... Batteries labeled 1, 2, and 3. I use #1, and next flight #2, next flight #3. Next flight 1 again, etc. My Phantom 4 batteries were going on 4 years at the time I sold the Phantom, so I'm following the same practice with the Zoom.

I'm not sure about the last part or your question, but I believe I read somewhere that there is a setting you can make that tells the battery how long to retain a "full" charge before allowing it to drop and possibly what percentage to drop to... not sure about the "drop to" percentage part. I had that issue with the Phantom 4 I had for 4 years. . I think default is 3 days.
The way I solved the problem with the 4, and now with the zoom, is that I charge all of my batteries (3, with the Fly More option when buying the drone) the night before. Whether that counts in the discharge / recharge cycle history I don't know.
I also rotate my batteries in the drone.... Batteries labeled 1, 2, and 3. I use #1, and next flight #2, next flight #3. Next flight 1 again, etc. My Phantom 4 batteries were going on 4 years at the time I sold the Phantom, so I'm following the same practice with the Zoom.
You use the same system I do...marked each battery and rotate. I usually charge them the night before or the morning of. Sometimes life doesn't cooperate with my flight plans though.

Rotation is a great idea. I have 7 batteries, 3 came with the UAV new and i bought the extra 4 at a later date.

I do tend to use the newer batteries on rotation each week and the 'older' batteries on rotation for the weekend for hobby flying

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair