DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

If I disable VPS will VPS get enabled in RTH?

florzinha

Reactions
OK sorry if it's stupid, reading the manual was not clear to me.

I dont want to fly with forward VPS enabled (neither downard VPS), however I really want to have obstable avoidance in RTH, specially RTH triggered from Fail Safe (loss of RC).

If I explicity turn all the sensors off, will it turn back on in RTH mode if Obstacle Avoidance is still enabled? Manual says if Obstacle Avoidace is enable in-flight it will be automatically enabled in RTH mode, but my scenario is the opposite, will obstacle avoidance be enable in RTH mode if I disabled it for "in flight" mode?

I dont want VPS wasting my battery or breaking my bird due to sun light reflection. Still, i really want the VPS checking for obstacles if the bird has to RTH by itself.

Thanks.

Also a related question. Same thing but in Sports Mode (which has OA disabled), will OA work in RTH mode if set so?

If I explicity turn all the sensors off, will it turn back on in RTH mode if Obstacle Avoidance is still enabled?
No, the downward sensors will not auto turn on. That won't matter anyhow since the downward sensors are not used for obstacle avoidance.

I would suggest leaving the sensors off and just making sure your RTH height is set higher than any obstacles in the area. The only time I wouldn't do this is if flying under a canopy of trees with no clear opening to the sky, but this situation should be very rare.

-Joe

No, the downward sensors will not auto turn on. That won't matter anyhow since the downward sensors are not used for obstacle avoidance.
But what about forward sensors, downward wouldn't be needed for RTH anyway.

But what about forward sensors, downward wouldn't be needed for RTH anyway.
Your Mavic will not avoid obstacles when returning home if you disable obstacle avoidance. If obstacle avoidance must be disabled for some reason, you'll want to make sure the RTH altitude is set high enough so obstacles aren't an issue. You should really set the proper RTH altitude either way since the obstacle avoidance feature is not failproof.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost