DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

If you have two drones using the same control App, does the DAT numbering get mixed up?

• Thread starter Deleted member 103366
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 103366

For example two mini's using DJI Fly, if originally you flew each using a separate phone and the last DAT file names ended, for Mini 1 FLY049 and for Mini 2 FLY001, then you switch over to using just one phone will the numbering of each drones DAT files still increment based on the original schemes i.e. would those DAT files belonging to Mini 2 still increment FLY002, FLY003,..... whilst those belonging to Mini 1 increment FLY050, FLY051,...........

Since the file names also contain date and time each file name will always be unique so I am assuming the numbering will not get mixed up but it is always better to check before hand

I need to sort this out flying a mini and an Air 2, both with data and with photos. Can't fly today and on verge of going out, but if I am correct all photos are bundled together ( already had issues transferring from SD card to laptop with eg two lots of jpeg 0001 and having to rename ) and think I am correct in saying all flight data ( eg total hours flying ) is merged but I may be wrong ?

With regards to photos off mSD cards, create one folder for the Mini and another for the Air2, it's how I keep P3 photos etc. separated.
If you really want them in one folder then it might be a multi step process,
1) down load the first lot to the destination folder
2) run something like bulk rename utility on the new files adding an identifier to the names e.g. prefix the name with Mini or Air
3) down load the second lot and in the rename sort them by suitable criteria to separate them and then rename etc.

If they are already jumbled up and indistinguishable from one another by name and you are using windows (you will need to google how to do this for your OS) switch the view in your folders to "details" then open the "choose details" menu. Plough through that and tick every camera/image related option you can find, you may then get serial numbers, camera type, focal lengths etc. showing up in the folder and be able to sort your photos via those. (mini camera model shows up as FC7203 for me with a focal length of 24mm (jpg' s only))
This worked for me to separate P3adv photos etc from P3pro when I was sorting them out.

With regards to DAT and txt files, I guess all the DAT files will be in one folder and all the txt files in another.
With regards to photos and videos on the phone I haven't a clue where they will be stored but if they have exif/Meta-data the same sorting process as applied to stuff off the cards might work

Last edited by a moderator:
For example two mini's using DJI Fly, if originally you flew each using a separate phone and the last DAT file names ended, for Mini 1 FLY049 and for Mini 2 FLY001, then you switch over to using just one phone will the numbering of each drones DAT files still increment based on the original schemes i.e. would those DAT files belonging to Mini 2 still increment FLY002, FLY003,..... whilst those belonging to Mini 1 increment FLY050, FLY051,...........

Since the file names also contain date and time each file name will always be unique so I am assuming the numbering will not get mixed up but it is always better to check before hand
The FLYxxx.DAT numbering is determined by the MM and not by the Fly App. So, you're correct in thinking the numbering for Mini1 and Mini2 will increment independently.

I believe the date prefix is determined by the Fly App.

With regards to photos off mSD cards, create one folder for the Mini and another for the Air2, it's how I keep P3 photos etc. separated.
If you really want them in one folder then it might be a multi step process,
1) down load the first lot to the destination folder
2) run something like bulk rename utility on the new files adding an identifier to the names e.g. prefix the name with Mini or Air
3) down load the second lot and in the rename sort them by suitable criteria to separate them and then rename etc.

If they are already jumbled up and indistinguishable from one another by name and you are using windows (you will need to google how to do this for your OS) switch the view in your folders to "details" then open the "choose details" menu. Plough through that and tick every camera/image related option you can find, you may then get serial numbers, camera type, focal lengths etc. showing up in the folder and be able to sort your photos via those. (mini camera model shows up as FC7203 for me with a focal length of 24mm (jpg' s only))
This worked for me to separate P3adv photos etc from P3pro when I was sorting them out.

With regards to DAT and txt files, I guess all the DAT files will be in one folder and all the txt files in another.
With regards to photos and videos on the phone I haven't a clue where they will be stored but if they have exif/Meta-data the same sorting process as applied to stuff off the cards might work
Sort files on the PC by date and time created. You will know which drone you flew first.

Not six or more months afterwards I wont. If you can you have a better memory than me.

Yep did that too using "picture information extractor", the things it can sort by are quite handy.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98