DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

If you replay captured flight screens it's a bit scary!

Robbyg

Reactions
I am on about flight number 35 now and I just went back to look carefully at one of the flight screen captures that I did while learning on my 5th flight at about 80ft up. Even though I am on the less buggy IOS version of DJI GO4 I was seeing things that I never noticed before when i was flying.

I should add my Mavic seems to have been built on a Wednesday, it has given me no problems, fly's like a dream, never had an Atti mode issue, never crashed and up until today I had never even thought I had a the sport mode compass problem.

What I saw in a detailed look was:

1) Yes occasional magnetic interference messages pop up for 5 seconds when flying in sport mode.

2) Height "H" works fine except when your landing. I land by looking at the drone so I really never paid any attention to the screen but now on replay I noticed that when the drone was 2 ft off the ground the VPS was saying roughly 3ft and the height was saying 50 FT !!
As it dropped down to about 6 inches before touching down the height suddenly went from 50ft to 0ft.

3) I hit the camera button by mistake and the screen whited out because the ISO for the camera was at 800 and shutter at 30. This would be a real head scratcher if you are out in the distance. Yes my mistake but somehow I think the software should detect a fully white screen and flick automatically into auto camera mode if a few seconds pass of non user adjustment instead of leaving the pilot starring at a white screen in manual mode until he figures out what went wrong.

4) All the camera values at the top of the App blank out to NA on occasion when your in camera mode. It does this for almost a minute.

On the IOS app the core functions are stable but there are certainly bugs in the system. And BTW I was only 100 ft away and 80 ft up with 18 satellites at full bars, so I know it's not a signal problem.

Play one of your flights back and instead of concentrating on the video look at the instrumentation and I think you will see some surprises.

Rob

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143