Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

If you wish to be on the DSAR Drone Search/Rescue registry

RCdancer

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Site
www.dronesar.info
DSAR maintains a registry of 107 pilots with SAR (search & rescue) training. So far we have 5 states represented. We never publish or post the DSAR Registry online to avoid spam. If someone needs a drone for search/rescue, they contact us and we contact the closest pilot to see if he/she can help. If you are 107 certified and have had some training in SAR and wish to be added to the registry, please PM me with the following info and we'll add you:

Name
Phone
Email

thanks,

Bob
www.dronesar.info

Last edited:
Bob do you have me in the system already? If not I can send you over my details but wanted to confirm first.

Allen

Reactions: Former Member
cool stuff. i have you bookmarked for when i get the 107. great idea to help get these into sar use. although my experiance has been vol fire / ems is slow to accept new tech. here they are any way. still a good idea thanks.

I regrist
DSAR maintains a registry of 107 pilots with SAR (search & rescue) training. So far we have 5 states represented. We never publish or post the DSAR Registry online to avoid spam. If someone needs a drone for search/rescue, they contact us and we contact the closest pilot to see if he/she can help. If you are 107 certified and have had some training in SAR and wish to be added to the registry, please PM me with the following info and we'll add you:

Name
Phone
Email

thanks,

Bob
www.dronesar.info
I thought I was already in the system.

I would be happy to volunteer my time and energy, take the training. Spend my weekends looking for lost children. But getting a 107 forget it. Is there any way I can help without being 107? In these circumstances shouldn’t there be a work around?

I would be happy to volunteer my time and energy, take the training. Spend my weekends looking for lost children. But getting a 107 forget it. Is there any way I can help without being 107? In these circumstances shouldn’t there be a work around?

You can’t legally fly a SAR flight without 107 certification. Take the training ..... maybe it will motivate you to take the 107 test. :)

Reactions: Rich55
You can’t legally fly a SAR flight without 107 certification. Take the training ..... maybe it will motivate you to take the 107 test. :)
So if I got this right, a person does not need to be 107 certified to take the free SAR training but will need a 107 certification to participate in actual search and rescue operations.

So if I got this right, a person does not need to be 107 certified to take the free SAR training but will need a 107 certification to participate in actual search and rescue operations.

That's a bit of a grey area and I'm not aware that the FAA has commented specifically on SAR training. If you asked an FSDO I suspect that they would say what they always seem to say - it's not recreational - but I seriously doubt whether they would care enough to pursue it.

That's a bit of a grey area and I'm not aware that the FAA has commented specifically on SAR training. If you asked an FSDO I suspect that they would say what they always seem to say - it's not recreational - but I seriously doubt whether they would care enough to pursue it.

Thanks for the info.

Yes .... especially in an emergency. However, when asked I will err on the side of caution and affirm it's not recreational flying.

Could someone please elaborate more on the SAR training? I'll be getting my license soon and would love to be a part of that.

Reactions: Former Member
Last year we had a missing motorcyclist who was last seen heading up one of our many canyons here. SAR was called out to do a road search of all the side roads in the canyon. Our cadaver dog hit on an area next to the creek that was totally overgrown with willows. I was able to quickly determine that the motorcycle (bright orange) was not in that area flying my P3P. That saved hours of dangerous searching by our SAR personnel. The motorcyclist was located later north of us in another county. I flew my P3P as a private citizen at the request of the sheriff's dept. I will be getting my 107 this spring.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121