DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I'm after some constructive criticism

Scratch83

Reactions
Flying a DJI Mavic Mini. This was my first real recording session and my first edit. I'm looking for any criticism for both recording and editing.

Im using Adobe Premium Pro to edit and could do with any guidance on how to optimise the footage. I realise the video is not great quality because during setup I somehow set it to record in 1080p instead of 2.7k.

Thanks in advance

Personally I like the blur effect in the beginning. As @itsneedtokno said it is overexposed. Also the length of the film is on "long side" to keep viewer attention. For recording for personal memories it's fine but statistics show most viewers will click out of it before it ends. It seems like about 1.5 minutes (if even that) or so is how long people watch a video.

This is my most recent video.

Some things to notice...

My cuts are synced to the music.
I spend hours color grading instead of using LUTs.
I try to keep my clips under 10 seconds, as @Mavic Mac stated.
Use "speed/duration" to get the clip to about 10 seconds, then use "ripple edit" to get the cut exactly where you want it.

Reactions: Limelight Imaging
Flying a DJI Mavic Mini. This was my first real recording session and my first edit. I'm looking for any criticism for both recording and editing.

Im using Adobe Premium Pro to edit and could do with any guidance on how to optimise the footage. I realise the video is not great quality because during setup I somehow set it to record in 1080p instead of 2.7k.

Thanks in advance

Opening scene with titles- I would have not blurred the image. I would have superimposed title over sharpened image. A bit on the long side. Try to keep clip length less than 3-5 seconds unless telling a story or following a train, etc. Nice smooth flying.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Different things for different folks, I thought the blurred effect let me see the titles clearly.
As they say in France- "Chacon a son gout." To each one, his own taste. (I had 2 years of high school French). Just enough to say things like that. I usually start my videos with a title overlaying the intro image, then fade the title as the image takes full screen.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
I really liked it. The overexposing gives it a flashback to memory feel whether it was intended or not.
I would not have blurred the beginning mainly because it seemed to be obscuring some very interesting scenery. I would have began the video with your superb low level flight along the stationary train. I think you could have ran your title on a blurred still shot then I wouldn't have felt I was missing something. And you know what? I would loved if you had narrated it. That is a neat place!

Thanks in advance

Use an ND8 and come out of blur slower. It's very nice. You can, in most cases, correct under expose. When over-exposed you've lost data that can not be restored.

Reactions: itsneedtokno

Thanks in advance

The footage is over exposed.

Thanks in advance

I'm far from experienced enough to give educated advice, but just like many say about art, "I know what I like". I really liked the video, even though there was a lot of overexposure in the beginning. Very nice flying and smooth movements. Overall I enjoyed it!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada