DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I'm completely new to drone stuff, this is the first picture I took today.

Nice and welcome to the forum. Thumbswayup Thumbswayup

Nice - Onward and Upward

Welcome. Thanks for sharing your still image. As a landscape photographer, there is some work to be done in this image. I'm use to post processing images in PS CC. Disclaimer: I've a first time drone (M2P) for about 2 weeks, so I'm still riding the learning curve. However...

My first thoughts are: (1) Learn the various settings in the controller. Take a walk through numerous YouTube videos on this subject that also include camera/video settings. Like with a digital camera, you will need to learn: Auto vs Manual (Personally, I always go with manual mode.) ISO, White Balance, f/stop, etc. (2) What post processing software do you own/familiar with? (3) Need to focus on exposure and shutter speed. There is a balance in images between overexposure and exposing in the shadow areas.Those areas are pretty straightforward in your image.(4) Myself, I would have also shot an image w/o the sun. Swung around to the left and focused the exposure level on the town. Or, wanted for the sun to go down a little more.

Hope this gets you off in the right track? Others will have more suggestions. Look forward to more of your images.

Last edited:
I'm fairly new to the drone world, but I've worked with digital photography for a number of years. Understanding the relationships with ISO, aperture and shutter speed are essential. I agree with RickinWaST. You would be amazed with what you could do with that photo in PS CC especially if you have a RAW copy. However, the first step is proper exposure. I would have loved to have gotten that shot, but without the sun blowout.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser